Marques Jordan
United States
Silsbee
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have the 1st Edition of AtB. I've downloaded and printed out the Rulebook, Summary Sheet, and Firefights book. I have read this thread where major changes between 1E and 2E are outlined. I'm getting ready to sit down and read the rules.

Will my 1E counters be fine? I only ask because I swear reading that blue values were supposed to be considered red and vice versa. Am I right or are the counters good as is?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ty Snouffer
United States
Downers Grove
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Which rulebook do you have? Just curious. I personally use the Price of Honour rule set to go along with my 1st ed sets. In it, 1.2 states:

1.2 Price of Honour Counter Upgrades
Units in Storms of Steel (SoS) and Price of Honour (PoH) list both a red and a blue firepower. Some Awakening the Bear (AtB) counters list only the red firepower and require players to divide the red FP in half (rounding down) to determine the blue FP.
All counters from AtB without blue FP values have been updated and included with PoH.

Designer’s note: As the CoH system evolved, we needed to refine each unit’s anti-tank FP capability.

So if you are using, 1st ed Atb counters simply divide your red FR in half. This is a back of the envelope accommodation and won't match exactly what is found on the 2nd ed or Price of Honour counters. I don;t think it is much to worry about though. If your infantry is attacking armor you have bigger problems.

Enjoy your 1st ed. It is a great game itself. I've never felt the need to upgrade to 2nd ed.

Cheers

Edit: Wish I was playing right now . . .
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marques Jordan
United States
Silsbee
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you very much for the quick reply laugh! I picked this up for a birthday a couple of years ago. Life got complicated, then there was a move, etc... The wife is on board to give this baby a go and if we both enjoy ourselves then PoH and SoS will make great presents for me this Christmas . Thank you Ty!

I own AtB 1E Rulebook (not sure which version it is)
Downloaded the AtB 2E (v2.2) from Academy Games website. Figured it was the most up-to-date.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ty Snouffer
United States
Downers Grove
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
2nd ed rules should do you fine. Just know there are some new units that may not be in your 1st ed counter set.

Same goes for the Firefight book. If you managed to get your hands on the 2nd ed firefight book it will call for some units you don't have. NKVD units come to mind.

You can either roll with it and use substitutes or track down the 1st ed firefight book in PDF form or use the one in your 1st ed box.

Someone I know might be able to help you track down the 1st ed firefight PDF if interested.

Mulsiphix wrote:
Thank you very much for the quick reply laugh! I picked this up for a birthday a couple of years ago. Life got complicated, then there was a move, etc... The wife is on board to give this baby a go and if we both enjoy ourselves then PoH and SoS will make great presents for me this Christmas . Thank you Ty!

I own AtB 1E Rulebook (not sure which version it is)
Downloaded the AtB 2E (v2.2) from Academy Games website. Figured it was the most up-to-date.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marques Jordan
United States
Silsbee
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
tsnouffer wrote:
Someone I know might be able to help you track down the 1st ed firefight PDF if interested.

I actually grabbed the 1E fire fight book from the AG website when I first ordered the game. I have the original FF book and the five bonus FF released as well. Thank you for bringing this to my attention. It saves me time and trouble
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.