Subject: Ipad App for GD rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Pete aka The Masked Minstrel
Australia
Perth
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
In case you weren't aware, the Galaxy Defenders app named GD Tracker has been available for just shy of a week now.

It's basically a character sheet with changeable abilities and weapons.
All in all, a nice looking app.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kolby Reddish
United States
Nampa
Idaho
flag msg tools
designer
the Yellow Sign?
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I know I'm excited that this will help us track the heroes between each campaign mission. I didn't want to have to just leave everything separated always!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Australia
Perth
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I had a bit more of a play with the app. (The iPad is my wife's so I don't get to toy with it often)

It is a very cool app! Track health, ammo, add two new ability hexes and five iirc item hexes.

If I had any reserves about getting myself an iPad this has tipped the scales towards getting myself one - saving your character sheet and loading it to recommence a session is just too convenient.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sam P
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
One thing that disappoints me about the app is that you can't choose the KS exclusive heroes. I think the exclusive heroes are clones / reskins to a certain degree, but still it would be a nice feature and allow them to be used in conjunction with others.

I wish that they could let you name the heroes or something in addition.

I know I should post this in the KS comments rather than on BGG, but I think the app is great otherwise.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom H
Australia
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
What about the KS exclusive upgrades (weapons and devices etc.)? It's basically useless without them IMHO.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simone Romano
Italy
Rome
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Yep, you can also keep track of all the
Weapons stored in the GD warehouse and the outcome
Of each single mission

We are evaluating/working to add the KS
Contents agent and powers & items.

I can assure that they are not a reskin of the basic agents, each KS
Agent has it own unique ability and weapons and they offer a completely different gameplay.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom H
Australia
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
That's great to hear that we should be able to expect the extra items and agents.

Now please get back to work and make me an Android version. I'm hoping to play soon and the app looks like a great addition. kiss

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jake Rose
United States
Aiken
South Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I need some help. On my Iphone, using the App Store, I search for GD Tracker and get 1 result, and it is not the Galaxy Defenders app.

Jake

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simone Romano
Italy
Rome
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm sorry but the GD Tracker is only for Ipad, using the app with the iPhone display will be nearly impossible, too small to read and manage items and powers, while on the iPad each game component is more or less like the real one (in terms of dimensions)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hero Guy
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I refuse to get any apple products so I'm hoping that an Android version will be released.

Is there be an option to save the profiles of the entire team or must you save each character individually? Its not always possible to get the exact same group together every time I play board games so being able to save several characters as a group and several groups would be awesome. That way I don't have to worry about misremembering who played which character and with which group.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Australia
Perth
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The Tracker is meant to replace the character sheet for whomever is using it.
You can save different games but only one character.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mato Sato
Germany
Plankstadt
Deutschland
flag msg tools
mb
You can save all 5 charakters and if you don't need one of them just leave him unused. If someone joins in the 3rd mission he can take the unused one. I think the Gremlins did a great job and I'm very happy with the app ... Works perfect. I will use it for solo games or 2 player rounds were we will use 4 agemts. It saves space on the table. You also can use it just to save your progress till the next session
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hero Guy
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
squallgoku wrote:
The Tracker is meant to replace the character sheet for whomever is using it.
You can save different games but only one character.

Hmm...if you can only save individual characters, then its only marginally useful, imo. What I would really want to see is an app that can not only handle my character, but those of the entire group as well.

So here's what I would like to see:

1. The app should be able to replace the need for a player board. (Which it already does.)

2. A function to save a character. (Again, I believe it already does this.)

3. A function to save an entire group. (It kinda does this, but its really more saving individual characters)

4. A function to save multiple groups without the need for the user to remember which character goes with which group.

5. It would be really awesome to have the app randomly draw tiles for us. Like if we get a piece of tech, instead of having a physical pile of them, we would have the option to press a button on the app and it will just randomly pick one for us. Of course, it gets more complicated when you factor in the KS exclusives and who should/shouldn't have access to them.

6. It would also be awesome to have a pass and play option where several players can share a single tablet and there was a function to swipe between team members so everyone can play using the same tablet.

Not all of us have tablets, let alone Ipads. So, while its nice that I might (if an Android version is released) be able to save my own progress, it doesn't help if none of the other players have tablets. What happens if the owner of the tablet is not the owner of the game and said tablet owner can't make it to the next session? What if the next session isn't for another month and a half? What if I start a campaign with Bob, Jim and Amy who all either don't have or didn't bring their tablet, then on a different night I start a campaign with George and Scott who also either don't have or didn't bring their tablets? That's 7 characters between two groups and if I save them all on my own tablet, how will I be able to keep track of who played which character?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simone Romano
Italy
Rome
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
With the actual release you may define "Games", each Game contains:

- GD Warehouse for Improved and Alien Weapons
- Each Mission outcomes for the entire Story Campaign
- Each of the five agents with : Basic and Improved Tactics, Up to 7 Devices, 2 Skills, ammo and wounds.

You can save and load games but you cannot "share" info between games, this means you may have two or more different campaigns in progress at the same time but cannot "automatically" share info between campaigns, you have to manually insert and manage data.

Playing the 5 agents with the same tablet is possible, this usually happen to me when i play solo controlling 3 agents
Having one tablet for each player is wonderful and guarantee a faster gameplay but is not mandatory at all!

Thanks

Agent S.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ess Why
United States
Cincinnati
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Any possibility this can be an app for OS Mavericks?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Hunt
England
Lincoln
Lincolnshire
flag msg tools
Angry Imp Games
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Sorry to bump this thread...

Are there still plans to add the KS content to the app? If so, is there an ETA?

Cheers.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Horn
United States
Coeur d Alene
Idaho
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I completely love this app. I soon won't be able to play the game without the app (like Sentinels Sidekick) so I also am really looking forward to other content being added to the app!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Curtis Thornock
United States
Idaho Falls
Idaho
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey Simone!

Any chance an update can be made to make the App iOS 5.x compatible?

My wife and daughters bought me the 1st gen iPad for fathers day when it first came out, and we can't afford a newer one any time soon.

This App would be awesome to use, but 1st gen iPads can't run iOS 6 or 7.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simone Romano
Italy
Rome
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Unfortunately i'm not a developer, and our team says that there are several problems (one is the screen resolution for sure) in doing that

I'm so sorry, but I must say that I have an Ipad 3rd generation, so it's two generations older respect to the Air, and it works perfectly, especially considering the affordable price.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.