Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Dave Lillethun
United States
Atlanta
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So I just bought Cyber Exodus (a little behind the times, I know, but I'm catching up ). I opened it up and found affixed to the plastic wrapping enclosing the actual cards, in the lower right corner as you face the top card, a small blue dot (circle) sticker. Does anyone have any idea what a small blue dot may indicate?

(This is on the plastic wrapping on the cards, which was in turn "sealed" inside the cardboard box. So I don't believe the game store that sold it to me applied the sticker, nor any distributor, fulfillment business, or the like... Although the "seal" on the cardboard box is two stickers that are easily removed without damaging the box and, presumably, as easily re-affixed, so I can't say it's impossible.)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick G.
United States
Glenshaw
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
Does your religion have lightsabers? Nope? Didn't think so.
badge
"A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky dangerous animals." Agent K. Oh my what he would think of people had he known about what the internet would become.....
mbmbmbmbmb
imaginationdave wrote:
So I just bought Cyber Exodus (a little behind the times, I know, but I'm catching up ). I opened it up and found affixed to the plastic wrapping enclosing the actual cards, in the lower right corner as you face the top card, a small blue dot (circle) sticker. Does anyone have any idea what a small blue dot may indicate?

(This is on the plastic wrapping on the cards, which was in turn "sealed" inside the cardboard box. So I don't believe the game store that sold it to me applied the sticker, nor any distributor, fulfillment business, or the like... Although the "seal" on the cardboard box is two stickers that are easily removed without damaging the box and, presumably, as easily re-affixed, so I can't say it's impossible.)

It means that pack is faulty and you should send it to me to be processed correctly.
Please contact me for proper shipping methods for such a package.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nigel McNaughton
New Zealand
Wellington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If I recall correctly it's a manufacturer's inspection sticker.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Lillethun
United States
Atlanta
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
BathTubNZ wrote:
If I recall correctly it's a manufacturer's inspection sticker.

Sure? There's no number on it or anything... and the other packs I bought didn't have any sticker. Are other people seeing stickers on their data packs? (Either this one or others?)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Kouzmanoff
United States
Champaign
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I see them on occasional netrunner packs, and on nearly every xwing minis parts bag. I am fairly positive they're inspection stickers. I'm guessing that the cards don't all get inspected, as the process seems like it could be automated to some extent.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Day
United Kingdom
Lee
LONDON
flag msg tools
Oi!
badge
That tickles!
mbmbmbmbmb
It's a QC label 100%.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Lillethun
United States
Atlanta
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Okay, cool. Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack Keys
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
Interrupt.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I believe when these first started showing up, someone mentioned that the copy they bought in another language had a different colour of sticker. It could be that the blue sticker means they are English cards, but it may also be used to indicate quality control, as others have mentioned.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Francesc Sardà
Andorra
Lleida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
skiesbleed wrote:
I believe when these first started showing up, someone mentioned that the copy they bought in another language had a different colour of sticker. It could be that the blue sticker means they are English cards, but it may also be used to indicate quality control, as others have mentioned.

Yes, in the spanish one the sticker is yellow.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gregory Pettigrew
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
skiesbleed wrote:

I believe I once saw a green sticker on my English cards.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.