Subject: So, loving the game...how do I get the rest? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Andrew Urbanek
United States
San Diego
California
flag msg tools
Well, after my first post (in the rules section) we've gone ahead and played a few more rounds, and have loved every one.

Now we want more...so much more.

Only problem is that it seems that every expansion was a limited release...or a promo pack...or is just not available anywhere. How does one go about buying more of this game? Just get lucky? Are there regular reprintings? Frankly, at this point, I'd buy every expansion available, if I could...but I can't! Rook City, Infernal Relics, so many promos...and the game itself is taunting me, with little cards and stats for the expansions I can't have.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael F
United States
Albany
OR
flag msg tools
My job is not the day shift or the night shift, it's the always shift!
badge
I will chop your head off!
mbmbmbmbmb
A lot of the promo cards can be very hard to find...I don't own any myself, but do have everything else. Most of what they do is give the heroes a slightly different base power, and aren't that vital to have. Your best bet is to check their website. They should have everything available to purchase there, including a few decks not included in the expansion releases.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Addison Fox
United States
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
The promos are temporarily pretty much out of stock, but I believe they said they'd be reprinting some or all of them when they finished creating regular expansions.

The expansions themselves... Check your FLGS, I guess? I found all of them at mine. Last time I looked they had most everything still, so I didn't know availability was an issue.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike B
Canada
Whitby
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Right now, you are pretty much out of luck when it comes to buying the individual hero promo cards. Luckily, you can print them out to play with them because they are currently in the files section of BGG.

The mini expansions: Unity and The Scholar heroes, Ambuscade and Miss Information villains, Silver Gulch and Final Wasteland environments, I think those should still be available.

Rook City and Infernal Relics are currently in the middle of a print run, and are going to be released together sometime soon, I think. It might even be before the end of the year.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Urbanek
United States
San Diego
California
flag msg tools
Unfortunately the GTG website is where I went first. Rook City and Infernal Relics are the main things I'm looking for, and aren't available there (or, it seems, anywhere else).

Judging by the $50 price it's being offered for on ebay, I'm assuming that reprints are out of the question.

Oh well, seems I'm stuck either overpaying or not having.

Just read the reply above me...color me a happy camper. Thank you for the news.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Dougan
United States
Urbana
Illinois
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Here's the general scoop:

Shattered Timelines is still in print, and should be orderable, either from your FLGS or directly from >G. Rook City and Infernal Relics have been reprinted into a single box, which is on a container on a ship on its way to the US from China. The last time Paul posted at the >G forums, said ship was expected to arrive sometime in the next week or so.

I'm not sure what the status is on the various mini-expansions or the oversized villain cards. My FLGS had all the mini-expansions in stock last Monday, but they also did a pretty big sale on Friday & Saturday while I was gone, so I don't know what they sold out of. I'll happily give you their contact info if you want to call them after they open at 11 AM Central Time (Chicago is the default city on most world clock apps).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Urbanek
United States
San Diego
California
flag msg tools
Wow, thank you very much, Jeff. I've just ordered what I could off of GTG's site, and I will check my local game store to see if they have anything I'm missing. Thank you very much for your offer, but will stick to my two sources.

Oh, GTG's site had the oversized villain cards.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Morley

Lebanon
Pennsylvania
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Single box? I hope not! I'm only missing Infernal Relics!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Dougan
United States
Urbana
Illinois
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
AMUSIX wrote:
Wow, thank you very much, Jeff. I've just ordered what I could off of GTG's site, and I will check my local game store to see if they have anything I'm missing. Thank you very much for your offer, but will stick to my two sources.

Oh, GTG's site had the oversized villain cards.

Oh, yeah -- I should clarify that Vengeance shows in the web store from the pre-order periods. It's not due out until February, and folks who backed either the Shattered Timelines or Galactic Strike Force kickstarter campaigns will get their copies of Vengeance first, followed by folks who pre-ordered (like me), followed by anybody else.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Arenson
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
gnarly717 wrote:

I'm afraid so. You might be able to find someone else in the opposite situation and work together. I created a thread on the GtG forums for this purpose, though it's not gotten much use:

https://greaterthangames.com/forum/topic/looking-for-just-in...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cory J
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
That sucks about the combined box. I only need Rook City. Maybe I can find someone closeby to get the other half, but I doubt it...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dylan Thurston
United States
Bloomington
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
gnarly717 wrote:
If you're in that situation, you're in good luck, as there are many people missing only Rook City.

Also, to the OP, the designers recommend against playing Shattered Timelines before playing some of the other expansions, although I don't know if your patience will last that long.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Everything between now and the next game is just killing time
England
London
Agitation
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
dthurston wrote:
Also, to the OP, the designers recommend against playing Shattered Timelines before playing some of the other expansions, although I don't know if your patience will last that long.

Just to add that they recommend this not because of any increase in difficulty or complexity of the game but because they are telling a story, and reading it out of order isn't as much fun.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Rob
United States
Tampa
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
gnarly717 wrote:

Then you are a lucky guy. I'd bet the majority of people who missed the boat on Rook City already managed to find a copy of Infernal Relics. After the combined set hits our shores it will be a buyers market for you.

For the OP, if you pace yourself other than the pending reprints due next week the promos you can still find almost everything right now between a few different online shops.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Watson
United States
Barrington
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
dthurston wrote:
the designers recommend against playing Shattered Timelines before playing some of the other expansions

But what do they know? I bought ST a few weeks ago, and will buy Rook Relics Reprint as soon as it is available. I'm enjoying ST, as is my son, who loves Omnitron-X. ("Omnitron-Max" is 7.)

And what could be more thematically appropriate than to buy Shattered Timelines out of sequence?

Andrew

ps and what is most likely to go out of print soon after Rook Relics Reprint arrives?

pps you may be getting the subtle hint that you buy ST now.

ppps/edit thanks, Joe for the gold, most of which I will immediately squander on a Sentinels/Dawn microbadge.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Rebstock
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
gnarly717 wrote:

As many others have said, you're in luck, since you're missing the relatively more common one.

As someone who has IR, and needs RC (I was one of the two posters in the >g thread), if you'd like to work something out where each of us gets half the split box, let me know. It might even be pretty convenient, since we're both in Southeastern PA (though I'm much closer to Philly than you are.)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Bakija
United States
flag msg tools
Q: Are we not men?
mbmbmbmbmb
AMUSIX wrote:
Well, after my first post (in the rules section) we've gone ahead and played a few more rounds, and have loved every one.

Now we want more...so much more.

Only problem is that it seems that every expansion was a limited release...or a promo pack...or is just not available anywhere. How does one go about buying more of this game? Just get lucky? Are there regular reprintings? Frankly, at this point, I'd buy every expansion available, if I could...but I can't! Rook City, Infernal Relics, so many promos...and the game itself is taunting me, with little cards and stats for the expansions I can't have.

Not knowing where you are located, it is difficult to judge what you can get. But currently Shattered Timelines is generally easy to get and Infernal Relics isn't difficult to find at retailers or online. The mini-expansions of The Scholar (one of my favorites) and Unity are easy to find and cheap on the internet, as are the oversized villain cards. There is another villain (Woman with glasses) set and a couple environments that also seem plentiful and cheap on the web.

The alternate start cards for hero promos seem difficult to get and expensive. Rook City is virtually impossible to find, but also set to be reprinted soon.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cory J
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
gnarly717 wrote:

Well, good luck for you and me if you order off their site in the next month!
http://greaterthangames.com/content/the-end-of-the-year-brin...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nige Alabaidi
United Kingdom
Exeter
devon
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Expansions should be available soon, GTG are now listing them all as in stock

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dylan Thurston
United States
Bloomington
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Bullet4Pablo wrote:
Expansions should be available soon, GTG are now listing them all as in stock
They'll be shipping orders placed now on December 15.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.