Canada
Carp
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

(thumbsups appreciated!)

CyberMonday Hangover edition.

We are at: www.kanataboardgamers.ca

Ludo Outaouais 2013 This was a blast! Lots of gamers, lots of shiny new games!
The Great Canadian Board Game Blitz. Our Blitz was attended by 17 entries. Congrats to Yargo1994 as winner and thanks to all who played; I hope you had fun!

Also attended Meeples for Peoples. a fellow gaming group out of Oxford Mills. From organiser Lysynski: "Thanks for coming out last night, it was a great evening - we raised enough for the OMCA to keep our access to Maplewood Hall (minus the few times we can't have it) for the remainder of this year and to the end of 2014!!! WOO HOO!"

There will be a meeting of the Kanata Board Gamers this Thursday, 5 December 2013. The start time for the session is 6 PM till approximately 11pm.

The place is: Kanata Community Christian Reformed Church
Detailed directions follow, but it is quite close to the Hazeldean Public Library.

Also, send me a geekmail if you want to let me know about anything - from suggestions for raising club attendance, club purchase suggestions, or just telling me whether you can make the meeting.

Feel free to use this forum thread to discuss what to play!

You may bring food & drink (be neat!). We can rearrange the tables & chairs provided we return everything an keep things tidy.

Our meetings are posted on meetup; check out http://meetup.gamesforall.ca/

Kanata Community Christian Reformed Church (KCCRC) is 46 Castlefrank Rd (directions follow). There is parking outside. Go straight through the front doors and you can't miss us!

$2.50 will be collected from each person. The first $30 collected is donated to our gracious venue. Any left over will go into a boardgame library fund. Maybe we'll have enough for some 2013 Essen picks? The war chest stands at $581.02. Check out the library (BGG user: KanataBoardGamers). Members can borrow from the library any time. Borrow it one session, bring it back for the next!

Visitors are always welcome. Come on in and check us out! There is no obligation, but if you decide to become a member it only costs $7.50 and entitles you to 10% discount cards at select local games stores.

Note if you want the discount cards (for Fandom II, Mrs. Tiggy Winkles, and Comic Book Shoppe), let me know & I'll have them made up. 100% of the $7.50 fee goes to Can Games 2014 to support kids games and the cards are good for 1 calendar year from the month you get them. You have donated $22.50 so far.

Please add to this thread with your suggestions of what to play.

Hope to see you then!

Directions by car to the Kanata Community Christian Reformed Church (from the East):

1. Take Queensway/417 to MARCH/MARCH RD. exit, EXIT 138, toward CH. EAGLESON/EAGLESON RD./KANATA. 600m
2. Take the EAGLESON RD SOUTH ramp. 0.09 km
3. Turn LEFT onto EAGLESON RD/CHEMIN EAGLESON/RR-49 S. 2.1 km
4. Turn SLIGHT RIGHT onto HAZELDEAN RD/CHEMIN HAZELDEAN/RR-36 1.3 km
5. Turn LEFT onto CASTLEFRANK RD/CHEMIN CASTLEFRANK. 0.3 km
6. 46 CASTLEFRANK ROAD is on your left at the stop sign.
7. Go up the hill to the church and park at the top. There will be a sign on the church doors near the parking lot directing you.
8. Go thru' the doors and into the main hall.

Directions using public transportation (from the East)
1. OC Transpo route 118 starts at the Hurdman station.
2. For stops check the 118 route: http://www.octranspo1.com/maps/
3. The stop you want is Hazeldean & Castlefrank
4. Walk west on Castlefrank following signs for the library
5. The church is on your left and is well signed.
6. Go up the hill to the front doors
7. Go thru' the doors and into the main hall.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hans Broersen
Canada
Ottawa
ON
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'll be there (gotta bring some games back).

Taking Drum Roll, Stone Age (without expansion) and Village (without expansion).

Change of plan. I just got my Secret Santa stuff and it includes Rise of Augustus. Am going to take that instead of Stone Age.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
MIke H
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Looks like I can make it tonight most likely, probably around 6:30-7:00. Anyone interested in Eclipse, Game of Thrones, or Ikusa?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
S Larkin
Canada
Carp
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Sounds good, or how about... Euphoria: Build a Better Dystopia??!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hans Broersen
Canada
Ottawa
ON
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Tought a lot of people the game of Rise of Augustus. A nice short game, out for only a few months.
Also played Libertalia. Easy to learn, difficult to master.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J-F Pregent
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I'd like to join your club starting in January. How often do you meet? Is it always at the same location?

I was at Ludo this year.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Remy Suen
Canada
Nepean
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Kadash wrote:
I'd like to join your club starting in January. How often do you meet? Is it always at the same location?

Welcome. We meet every other Thursday and it's consistently been at the church for the last three years or so. Feel free to drop by next week if you wish and don't hesitate to ask if you have further questions.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J-F Pregent
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Is there a meet on Jan 2?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Remy Suen
Canada
Nepean
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Kadash wrote:
Is there a meet on Jan 2?

Yes, that's the plan. Please refer to this thread.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.