Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
René Schep
Netherlands
Amersfoort
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
They just posted their Opener of the Way video on youtube.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5_AWOwnHP54
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Arthur Petersen
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
it's your sister Cheryl!
badge
I work for Petersen Games. AMA
mbmbmbmbmb
Link, are you going to post that awesome five player we did last week ?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
René Schep
Netherlands
Amersfoort
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Btw link next time you do a video, you need to have a better idea of what you're going to say. It's so clear that you have no clue what exactly you want to say.

Try to think of examples before you do the video and it will make everything seem a lot more natural
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Robertson
United States
Arkansas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
existoid wrote:
Link, are you going to post that awesome five player we did last week ?

Yes we would love to see the five player video. These videos are the only thing keeping the Great Old Ones contained! The more videos created the longer their entry into our reality is delayed.

Keep up the great work guys!

Valandor wrote:
Btw link next time you do a video, you need to have a better idea of what you're going to say. It's so clear that you have no clue what exactly you want to say.

Try to think of examples before you do the video and it will make everything seem a lot more natural

This video was shot for our benefit so its no biggie to me. And I've always been a fan of impromptu sessions. Opener of the Way is going to be one of my greatest enemies in game. He has so many goodies to help turn the tide to his favor. Not to mention I love the "Beyond One" and "Dread Curse of Azathoth" abilities.

Great Old Ones giving you a terrible time? It's time to summon Hastur of the Yellow Sign!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Q
Canada
flag msg tools
Lots of good info. More videos would be much appreciated!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Arthur Petersen
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
it's your sister Cheryl!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Test
The reason Link was like that is because Link is really in a braincase and that was the best the mi-go could do in approximating his...wait, I've said too much...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Mendiola
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You can tell Link really knows his stuff from this video, but I agree having notes ahead of time would really help him present it better.

But with that said, thank you guys for the video. It was awesome to see an official video regarding the faction.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Arturo Cavari
Italy
Bologna
BO
flag msg tools
Maybe on earth...
badge
...maybe in the future
mbmbmbmbmb
Awesome video, thanks

PS: when are the other miniatures due to arrive? I wrote to Fenris on FB and they said

Quote:
everything's sculpted and moulded, and prototypes of the first full set for playtesting are on their way to Sandy this week....
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lincoln Petersen
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It also doesn't help that after EVERYTHING I said someone commented about it telling me to redo it. So really you're seeing like 4-5 take stuff where this should have been a 1 take simple job.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Robertson
United States
Arkansas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
linkthestink wrote:
It also doesn't help that after EVERYTHING I said someone commented about it telling me to redo it. So really you're seeing like 4-5 take stuff where this should have been a 1 take simple job.

You and Sandy did a great job Link. I found the video both informative and interesting. Plus it felt less scripted and more natural. This presentation felt like a conversation between two friends.

P.S: Everybody is a critic these days. Just ignore it and have fun making these videos for us! Thanks a bunch.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Arturo Cavari
Italy
Bologna
BO
flag msg tools
Maybe on earth...
badge
...maybe in the future
mbmbmbmbmb
RobertGhent wrote:
linkthestink wrote:

You and Sandy did a great job Link. I found the video both informative and interesting. Plus it felt less scripted and more natural. This presentation felt like a conversation between two friends.

P.S: Everybody is a critic these days. Just ignore it and have fun making these videos for us! Thanks a bunch.

My thoughts exactly
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
René Schep
Netherlands
Amersfoort
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If nobody ever criticized things wouldn't become better.
I don't think the info was bad, I just think it could have been presented better especially link's part.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lincoln Petersen
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Sorry I'm not a professional actor guys! Although after all the criticizing I feel like I'm a Bollywood star in an Umberto Lenzi movie!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Mendiola
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
linkthestink wrote:
Sorry I'm not a professional actor guys! Although after all the criticizing I feel like I'm a Bollywood star in an Umberto Lenzi movie!

No worries. Thanks again for the video.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Arthur Petersen
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
it's your sister Cheryl!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Test
But you weren't wearing a vest.

Oatmeal creme piiiiiee!!!!.......for a face!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sid Rain
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
The video gives me a better sense of how Opener handles in a game. He/She/It are incredibly flexible and I'm guessing their force is in a constant state of flux (more than normal in this game), but definitely reactionary. And Dread Curse is a frickin' death ray that can soften up a spot for you to jump into or pick off neglected areas.

The video probably would've been a bit better on a stand or something, the style you guys had for the earlier faction videos were great. But I backed this because it looks like an awesome game, not because I expected professional quality movies, this is all above and beyond what any other kickstarter has delivered that I've been in.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Q
Canada
flag msg tools
I agree. In future videos, Link should wear a vest.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lincoln Petersen
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Johnny Q wrote:

Done.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken Mortis
United States
Binghamton
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
linkthestink wrote:
Johnny Q wrote:

Done.

So will it be a button-down, kevlar or gorrilla vest?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lincoln Petersen
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Kmortis wrote:
linkthestink wrote:
Johnny Q wrote:

Done.

So will it be a button-down, kevlar or gorrilla vest?

Actually I don't even think I own a vest...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Arthur Petersen
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
it's your sister Cheryl!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Link, you live in a city. Cities are why there are zombies. Are you also going to have an oatmeal creme pie face?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lincoln Petersen
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
existoid wrote:
Link, you live in a city. Cities are why there are zombies. Are you also going to have an oatmeal creme pie face?

No no no Arthur cities CREATE zombies. Have you learned nothing from Nightmare City? Also they're the next evolution of man.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sandy Petersen
United States
Rockwall
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
I wrote the first-ever Lovecraft game.
mbmbmbmbmb
paddirn wrote:
The video gives me a better sense of how Opener handles in a game. He/She/It are incredibly flexible and I'm guessing their force is in a constant state of flux (more than normal in this game), but definitely reactionary. And Dread Curse is a frickin' death ray that can soften up a spot for you to jump into or pick off neglected areas.

The video probably would've been a bit better on a stand or something, the style you guys had for the earlier faction videos were great. But I backed this because it looks like an awesome game, not because I expected professional quality movies, this is all above and beyond what any other kickstarter has delivered that I've been in.

We give you our solemn promise that we will not have professional quality movies.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.