Popular Tags: [View All]
Chad Hensley
United States
Rio Rancho
New Mexico
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I just received a box from GMT containing four games. Upon arrival from UPS I must admit I was worried from the condition of the box that my games might have been damaged. Quickly, I grabbed a box knife and opened it to see that the people at GMT had taken the extra time to properly protect them during shipping. They had protected the corners of the boxes with cardboard and filled the empty space with packing peanuts. I've received many games from many different places and this is by far the best packing job with the smallest amount of wasted space.

While on the subject of GMT I wanted to comment on the quality of everything else they do. First, they understand that board gamers are part of a community and have been offering the Tough Economy Special to those of us who are unemployed and can use a leg up during the holiday season by providing two free games upon proof of unemployment. Second, the people that work for GMT are personal and caring. I recently contacted Tony Curtis and not only did he remember me but last year he went out of his way to make sure I got games through the Tough Economy Special even though I found out about it after the promotion had ended. Finally, the quality of their games is nearly without equal. The boxes and components are thick and durable, the rules are well written, many with play examples, and they cover an expanse of theme, style, and difficulty.

If you haven't checked them out, then you owe it to yourself to do so. After all, at the time of this post one of their games, Twilight Struggle, holds the number one spot on the geek and I can't help but think that the above mentioned quality has something to do with it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Earl
United States
Portage
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Agreed. Their game boxes should be the industry standard.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mateenyweeny
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
Raks Raks Raks
mbmbmbmbmb
I have nothing but the best things to say about GMT. I will continually hold them up as an example of a great publisher.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anthony L.
United States
San Antonio
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Twilight Struggle and Space Empires 4X are the absolute highest quality and best looking boxes on my shelf. Superb quality, and so far, the only publisher I've ever bought from that actually gives you enough baggies to hold everything

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chad Hensley
United States
Rio Rancho
New Mexico
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Echo35 wrote:
Superb quality, and so far, the only publisher I've ever bought from that actually gives you enough baggies to hold everything

Except for Combat Commander: Pacific. I had to grab some of my extras I had picked up from Hobby Lobby for the chits and cards. Maybe it's their way of suggesting I buy their component trays which would fill up the extra box space perfectly.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anthony L.
United States
San Antonio
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
cree47 wrote:
Except for Combat Commander: Pacific. I had to grab some of my extras I had picked up from Hobby Lobby for the chits and cards. Maybe it's their way of suggesting I buy their component trays which would fill up the extra box space perfectly.

To be fair, their component trays are fantastic. I've got a few of them for SPQR and Breakout: Normandy and they work great.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.