Subject: Sleeving. rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Simon Victorius
United Kingdom
Birmingham
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
They start to scuff white on their black borders if you don't. I've seen cheaper transparent sleeves used on them and they stick together. they are clumsy to shuffle too so it can be annoying.

I'm thinking you just take a pair of scissors to them and fit them into opaque backed sleeves is a cheap and reliable option. I'd choose red and/or black opaque backs for theme purposes. Perhaps different colours for the main cards / character /other cards.

I've been told that they're 80mm square so if you're willing to cut off 27mm from a side you could fit them in the 89x62mm Ultrapro ones that come in a pack of 60 for the main cards as there exactly 60 main cards.

As for the character cards you'll need 8 of those and then there are the other cards which don't need to be opaque especially the throne one. In fact those cards aren't shuffled at all, with the character cards shuffled perhaps once per game depending on how random Renfield is in assigning(or seeming to assign) who the vampire is. Still it's a tragic giveaway if the character cards get marked.

Otherwise where are decent square sleeves that fit this game?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mik Svellov
Denmark
Copenhagen N
EU
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I bought the Asian Swan brand in the square format at Essen when I bought the game, as I anticipated problems with marked cards. As the cards are standard Kosmos (square) size, it should be possible to find a shop that sells them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Taylor
United Kingdom
Sutton Coldfield
West Midlands
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Fresco wrote:
I've been told that they're 89mm square

I hope it wasn't me that told you that, as the cards are 80mm x 80mm. They are the same size as Jungle Speed. I did buy some Jungle Speed sleeves which will be the ones that you have played with that, as you say, are annoying and do stick together. I'm also interested in this thread.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simon Victorius
United Kingdom
Birmingham
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
HairyDogWalker wrote:
Fresco wrote:
I've been told that they're 89mm square

I hope it wasn't me that told you that, as the cards are 80mm x 80mm. They are the same size as Jungle Speed. I did buy some Jungle Speed sleeves which will be the ones that you have played with that, as you say, are annoying and do stick together. I'm also interested in this thread.

Thank's I probably misheard it and now have corrected the original post.

Instead you'd have to cut off 17mm worth of the sides instead. That's probably going to cut of the border and theefore the curvy corners as you cut off about 9mm each side. Retaining a lot of the artwork.

I think you could have renfield with an opaque back so that when people are all experienced enough you can randomly assign renfield to a player before the assign the vampire bit.

I have just seen Artipia games do 82mm square. They are also used for shadows over camelot the card game.

www.artipiagames.com
http://store.artipiagames.com/index.php?dispatch=categories....

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Clyne
England
Hazlemere
Bucks
flag msg tools
Empire of the Midnight Beard
mbmbmbmbmb
Mayday also do 80mm square sleeves

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eddie
United States
Belmont
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If in the future anybody comes looking for sleeves... given the recent publicity on Board Game Blender...

http://www.amazon.com/Mayday-Games-7125MG-Medium-Sleeves/dp/...

80x80mm Mayday sleeves
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shawn Asmussen
United States
Peoria
Arizona
flag msg tools
Up until recently, the only sleeves I could ever find for this game were the thin quality ones, that stick together during play. Mayday now has a thicker premium version of their 80x80 sleeves. I got some of those to re-sleeve my copy with, and it is much better now. I haven't seen them on Amazon yet, but you can get them directly from Mayday. They are on the same page as the regular 80x80 sleeves. You just have to select the premium version from the drop down box.

https://www.maydaygames.com/collections/card-sleeves/size_80...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Susan
United States
Mesa
Arizona
flag msg tools
www.Meetup.com/ArizonaGames
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
asmussen wrote:
Up until recently, the only sleeves I could ever find for this game were the thin quality ones, that stick together during play. Mayday now has a thicker premium version of their 80x80 sleeves. I got some of those to re-sleeve my copy with, and it is much better now. I haven't seen them on Amazon yet, but you can get them directly from Mayday. They are on the same page as the regular 80x80 sleeves. You just have to select the premium version from the drop down box.

https://www.maydaygames.com/collections/card-sleeves/size_80...

Shawn is right. The trick is to make sure the cards say PREMIUM on them, as they won't be the first ones that come up on Maydays website when searching for 80mmx80mm sleeves.

You want these:

Not these:

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.