Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Rick ZInn
United States
Vacaville
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So I was on Walmart.com looking at King of Tokyo. I had been surprised that it was there. When I browsed their "strategy games", I was in for a bigger surprise.

King of Tokyo, Catan, Dominion and many expansions, Carcassone, Eclipse, 7 Wonders and expansions, Power Grid First Sparks, Smallworld and expansions, Agricola, T'Zolkin, Terra Mystica, Trajan, Sesons, Axis and Allies, and Puerto Rico all for sale by Walmart.

Am I late to the party? I was quite surprised to see some of these titles there.... is this good for us by expanding the reach? Most seemed to be at list price, but free shipping to store.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Knauss
United States
Winter Garden
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You should of been around a month ago...
A "Computer Glitch" had them selling many of those games such as Zombicide for $9.99. Of course that didn't last long. I would be interested to hear if Wal-Mart honored any of those purchases or if they just canceled them because of the error.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Usta Playalot
United States
Nashville
Tennessee
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Archange1 wrote:
You should of been around a month ago...
A "Computer Glitch" had them selling many of those games such as Zombicide for $9.99. Of course that didn't last long. I would be interested to hear if Wal-Mart honored any of those purchases or if they just canceled them because of the error.

All orders were cancelled, as we all figured they would be. However, they did send a $10 credit for a future order, so it's all good.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas D
United States
High Point
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
My surfing skills everyone.
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah as I understand it Walmart batch canceled all orders and gave everyone $10 (including me). I would bet a few got their games if they were able to do in store pick up and pick up their games the next morning.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wesley M
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
Greatest Game Ever
mbmbmbmbmb
A lot of people did manage to get their purchases if they chose to pick them in store and the store had them stocked..

One guy on slick deals bought 6 42" TVs for $200 each and one guy posted a picture of the 10 copies of grand theft auto 10 downloadable 3 and some soccer game he got ten copies of for $18 each .

But yes people who ordered and wanted items shipped did not get them.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rick ZInn
United States
Vacaville
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I only looked tonight because I got a cancellation on KoT and $10 certificate...I just didn't realize some of the games like Terra Mystica, T'Zolkin, Seasons and Trajan would be on Walmart.com. I know that games like Catan and Carcassonne have been in larger retailers, but I haven't really seen some of these newer titles before.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave, or "Phineas" or "Tolstoy" or,
United States
Mount Holly
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Riddlebox85 wrote:
A lot of people did manage to get their purchases if they chose to pick them in store and the store had them stocked..

One guy on slick deals bought 6 42" TVs for $200 each and one guy posted a picture of the 10 copies of grand theft auto 10 downloadable 3 and some soccer game he got ten copies of for $18 each .

But yes people who ordered and wanted items shipped did not get them.

Actually, several people who ordered (and shipped to their home) very early during the glitch actually received some or most of their items.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.