Star Trek: Attack Wing» Forums » Variants

Subject: New cards I've been working on... rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ghost Runner
msg tools
mb
Some fill in the gaps type cards.

I don't play Feds much in tournaments, but you might sense a theme with some of these cards.

I REALLY want upgrade cards to be more usable in the game.

A few new Elite Talents:

Some missing crew options for Starfleet:

A couple of ships:

Something some people are saying we need:

For the Klingons:

For the Romulans (based on the Valdore scenario):

For the Dominion, just to get them back in the game:

An just for a few laughs...

Let me know what you think.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Will Holsclaw
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Torpedo Modifications and Troi are pretty overpowered. Those abilities are pretty huge.

I like Barclay's card, though!

I sort of feel like the Picard Maneuver should resemble a non-cloaked sensor echo of some kind.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kristoff Bergenholm
United States
Millersville
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I love 'There! Are! Four! Dice!'.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dr Vulcan
msg tools
mbmb
Great cards, I will have to try my hand at some in the future =)
.. I still think E needs +1 shields, but I can see why you didn't with that ability...
There are 4 dice is awesome, great idea =D
The scimitar is well done overall, though I think that the ship should maintain its shields when cloaked and have a higher cost to cover it, or at least an ability that can be purchased with the ship (may be only used on this ship / etc.).
The idea of a crew becoming a capt if the capt is disabled is great, there should be that option.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roy Stephens
United States
San Jose
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Torpedo mod would work better as "ship can spend a scan token in place of a lock". That keeps it mostly Fed, but doesn't over power it. I would consider making it a discard instead of disable if keeping that defense die reduction...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Heath Kohanek

Midland
Texas
msg tools
mb
I always thought a good deanna troi card would let her use an action to use a crew upgrade ability on another ship (friend or foe) within 2-3 range as if it was her ability.

What about a romulan d7?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tracy Baker
United States
Omaha
Nebraska
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Beautiful work, and some great jokes in there.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Will Sanchez
United States
Clermont
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The Pegasus is way OP. 16 points with cloak and weapons, way better than the similar praetus

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jared Voshall
United States
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
delta_angelfire wrote:
The Pegasus is way OP. 16 points with cloak and weapons, way better than the similar praetus

I think the stats are fine, and even the fact that it cloaks isn't too overpowered (though, being Federation, a tech upgrade would likely be better), but, my goodness, that ability is overpowered. Stay cloaked (not too hard to do, especially with that tech slot) and run it with Mirok, and you have a nigh-unkillable ship - between 6 Defense and only taking one damage from an attack that gets through, most scenarios your opponent won't be able to take it out! Put some Photons or Quantum Torpedoes on it, and you don't really lose much attack, either.

On the other hand, it's the sort of ship that begs for Mines to be played against it - no conversion during the Movement phase, and all mines ignore defense rolls...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Larry DeStefano
United States
Bloomingburg
New York
flag msg tools
Like the cards printed several out. Lateral Phasers should they be used on fed only ships with a Primary attack value of 4 or more. Would they be too powerful on the reliant and defiant class ships?

I printed out lateral phaser and added that little text to the card. What do you think?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ghost Runner
msg tools
mb
hadrian132 wrote:
Like the cards printed several out. Lateral Phasers should they be used on fed only ships with a Primary attack value of 4 or more. Would they be too powerful on the reliant and defiant class ships?

I printed out lateral phaser and added that little text to the card. What do you think?

For Reliant: You only add +1 attack dice at range 2 with this card for attacks in the forward arc. Now you can attack in the back 180 degrees, out to range 2, but you do not get a +1 bonus at range 1.

Defiant: Less powerful attack in the forward arc (no +1 at range 1). Does allow added 270 degrees out to range 2.

I don't see these as being too overpowered, but I could see the case being made that the card should get disabled when used.

If your added requirement works for you, go for it. I'm flattered someone else is printing and using the cards.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Larry DeStefano
United States
Bloomingburg
New York
flag msg tools
Ghostrunner wrote:
hadrian132 wrote:

For Reliant: You only add +1 attack dice at range 2 with this card for attacks in the forward arc. Now you can attack in the back 180 degrees, out to range 2, but you do not get a +1 bonus at range 1.

Defiant: Less powerful attack in the forward arc (no +1 at range 1). Does allow added 270 degrees out to range 2.

I don't see these as being too overpowered, but I could see the case being made that the card should get disabled when used.

If your added requirement works for you, go for it. I'm flattered someone else is printing and using the cards.

I will let you know. I think it is definitly a fit for the larger ships and kinda fits thematically with federation ships. Keep up the good work...I'll need more ink LOL.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ellis Norris
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
Magius wrote:
delta_angelfire wrote:

I think the stats are fine, and even the fact that it cloaks isn't too overpowered (though, being Federation, a tech upgrade would likely be better), but, my goodness, that ability is overpowered. Stay cloaked (not too hard to do, especially with that tech slot) and run it with Mirok, and you have a nigh-unkillable ship - between 6 Defense and only taking one damage from an attack that gets through, most scenarios your opponent won't be able to take it out! Put some Photons or Quantum Torpedoes on it, and you don't really lose much attack, either.

On the other hand, it's the sort of ship that begs for Mines to be played against it - no conversion during the Movement phase, and all mines ignore defense rolls...

How about, like the Praetus, roll to see if the Pegasus "phases" into an object while it is cloaked. Also, perhaps it could phase through objects, to avoid losing actions, but lose it's attack when it does so. It is thematic to the episode it was in!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.