Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Craig Massey
United States
Salem
MA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Pangea - Pitt, Alan, Craig, Howard: New game from Queen. Each player is tribe trying to purchase five different amuletts or less amuletts coupled with high goods production. The board is a variable set up board like settlers with five different terrain types. Players have minions who are native in various terrain types and a tower. On a players turn they can do one action (bring a new minion into play, slide a tile to an open adjacent space, bring a neutral minion into play, or move a neutral minion one space). More actions are allowed the more amuletts a player owns. Next is movement with each minion able to move one space. After than players may purchase amuletts with goods from other minions who are in their native terrain. Next, players produce goods with minions in native terrain producing one good each. Finally, players can cast a spell which prevents any one tile from moving or blocks and open space. The player who achieves the highest victory condition at the end of a round wins. Winning conditions are having all five amuletts, or having four amuletts and 10 goods or the lowest is having three amuletts and 20 goods.

Alan whined about going last and still almost managed to win. Howard pulled away for the win with four amuletts and 10 goods. The game was much drier than I thought it would be, but was fun. There could be a gang up on the leader problem that we demonstrated by ganging up on Alan to keep him from winning. Another game where the first few turns had some head scratching and only later in the game did everyone get what was going on. This definitely requires another play and I enjoyed the first play, though less than I thought I would.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.