Subject: Carcassonne: Amazon Free App of the Day 12/3/13 rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Brandon Porter
United States
New Bern
North Carolina
flag msg tools
Not sure if this is the right place for this or not, but the subject says it all. Just wanted to share. Regular price on Amazon is $4.99.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Craig Coffin
Canada
St. John's
Newfoundland and Labrador
flag msg tools
I like trains.
badge
Nikola Tesla, Rockstar Scientist
mbmbmbmbmb
Android only, I assume.

App Store for iOS is still showing it at $9.99
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brandon Porter
United States
New Bern
North Carolina
flag msg tools
Correct. Android only. Amazon doesn't do iOS.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Black
msg tools
Thank you so very much! I know as my first board game ever purchased I should have the android app. Just couldn't pull the trigger. Thank you for your news.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sven Teuber
Germany
Langenfeld
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Very nice - thanks for sharing! Have some gold for it...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brandon Porter
United States
New Bern
North Carolina
flag msg tools
Thanks for the gold! It was on the top of my wishlist for droid apps, right next to Alhambra. I've never actually played the boardgame, but always wanted to. Figured I'd get my feet wet with the app first, but hadn't pulled the trigger either. Was really excited to see it for free.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Todd
United States
Warren
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
craigcoffin wrote:
Android only, I assume.

Twice as much for iOS! thats stupid, well we know apple user will justify the added price and keep on paying extra for the same thing with a big smile on their faces.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John
United Kingdom
Southampton
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
A quick Google search suggests it is currently $6.99 (or £6.99 which is a teribble exchange rate) and it sounds like it has more expansions too so not such a bad deal compared to android. Well unless you're in the UK and it is really £6.99...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Craig Coffin
Canada
St. John's
Newfoundland and Labrador
flag msg tools
I like trains.
badge
Nikola Tesla, Rockstar Scientist
mbmbmbmbmb
zabdiel wrote:
A quick Google search suggests it is currently $6.99 (or £6.99 which is a teribble exchange rate) and it sounds like it has more expansions too so not such a bad deal compared to android. Well unless you're in the UK and it is really £6.99...

Yes, it just went on sale for the first time ever, for $6.99.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Evan Dunn
United States
New York
New York
flag msg tools
You toast the waffle.
badge
In a syrupy voice, the awful waffle walker tries to butter you up.
mbmbmbmbmb
Even though it has the river II, the app seems not to have the rules for pigs or inn on a lake. I've never played carcassonne so expansionless. It's really throwing me off.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joel Hills
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I was able to download this, but not sure what app I need to actually play it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
SoCal
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
craigcoffin wrote:
Android only, I assume.

As of Dec. 18th, it's back up to $10. I don't feel the same pain as others since I bought it back when it was $5 and before it went universal.

bmwrider wrote:
craigcoffin wrote:
Android only, I assume.

Twice as much for iOS! thats stupid, well we know apple user will justify the added price and keep on paying extra for the same thing with a big smile on their faces.
In all fairness, the iOS version does seem to have more advantages...

More expansions
In addition to The River II, it's also got Inns & Cathedrals, Traders & Builders, and Princess & Dragon

Solitaire mode
Expansions do NOT improve on this in any way. However, they do come out with new layouts about once a week or so, but it seems you need internet connection to receive them.

Can't comment about AI, as I've only played one game of the And version via Amazon's "Test Drive Now" on my PC. I beat it handedly, but it did put up a fight. Of course the interface is different, but from my 1 play through, it was good. I don't like how once you place a tile, you can't view how many tiles are left until you confirm the placement, then wait until your next turn.

buzzard31581 wrote:
Thanks for the gold! It was on the top of my wishlist for droid apps, right next to Alhambra. I've never actually played the boardgame, but always wanted to. Figured I'd get my feet wet with the app first, but hadn't pulled the trigger either. Was really excited to see it for free.
Hmmmm, if I ever get more into the Amazon AppStore eco-system, that's a good way to keep tabs on updates and price drops. I should try this with Google Play apps from now on.

Paxe wrote:
I was able to download this, but not sure what app I need to actually play it.
Well, I downloaded it too, but couldn't play it either (yet at least). AFAIK, you need to download the Amazon AppStore app for your Android, and then install it from there to be able to play it. Most Android phones AFAIK come with Google Play instead.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.