Scott
msg tools
Could a DR player select a region for terror which does not have an underground guerilla, but opt to use the assassinate special activity first and be unable to terror? Or since there is no underground guerilla the space cannot be selected at all?

In solo play the DR bot had the opportunity to assassinate my govt base, but only had 1 piece in the area which was revealed on a previous turn. can the bot kill my base but not place the terror marker?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Yoshi
Sweden
Stockholm
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The rules clearly state that you have to be able to carry out an OP in order to do a Special Activity, so no, you may not Assassinate if you can not Terror.

We palyed this wrong in the beginning too, mainly the Govt player who used transport when out of funds for moving troops around.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Evans
United States
Berlin
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I would say the assassinate cannot be done if the terror cannot be done.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott
msg tools
Thanks folks!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Volko Ruhnke
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Correct. Selection for Terror requires an Underground Guerrilla of that faction in the space (3.3.4), and Assassinate requires Terror in the space (4.4.3).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.