Subject: Augmented reality Go rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
robert kalin
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Found this video involveing augmented reality and the game of go.
http://youtu.be/y8jvLp_FlMU
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryan Thunkd
United States
Florence
MA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I think this would be a horrible way to learn Go. I think it'd be awesome once you had a little bit of an idea what was going on. I'd love to use it now.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ramon Mercado
United States
Stafford
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I can see the possibilities for replaying pro-games, exploring game variations (perhaps with comments overlaid the board), and to study joseki.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
robert kalin
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I see this as a potential method of player interaction across the internet rather than a substitute. It would be in theory relatively simple to place a 3d object of a player on the other side of the board with webcam feed of their face where the head is. (shrug). So far its this or on computer. There's not much in between that isn't a handheld game system. It's not like theres a goban with led's & buttons for row and column location indication. Something that can save and illustrate a game that's made durable and full sized. You have electric chess. Electric checkers. Electric poker. But electric Go. . . . . Nope. Not one that is full sized. Sure I understand tradition but to us casual players that are not professional or sticklers for material. The internet doesn't provide the same feeling. Heck I got a second monitor for my computer so I could lay it flat for internet games. Annnddd just use it as a second monitor most of the time. So to me, this AR go is the closest thing to an electric go board that I've seen. Even then you have to have a full fledged computer to do it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.