Popular Tags: [View All]
Jakub Kircun
United States
Woods Hole
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I was wondering if someone could comment on the designer's choice to truncate the map below Deagu? I understand that this enabled the hex-size to be bigger, but how does not having the whole Korean peninsula affect play? Is it close to impossible for the North Koreans to make it that far south, or is it assumed that if they did the game/war would be over?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mitchell Land
United States
Ballwin
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
kubaman wrote:
I was wondering if someone could comment on the designer's choice to truncate the map below Deagu? I understand that this enabled the hex-size to be bigger, but how does not having the whole Korean peninsula affect play? Is it close to impossible for the North Koreans to make it that far south, or is it assumed that if they did the game/war would be over?

I will partially answer your question as some of it is related to gameplay which is best answered by other players. Here's what Gene said, briefly, about the new maps:

"Essentially, we've increased hexsize to make moving stacks less fiddly and cut down the overall scope of the map."

There may be further detail in the Consimworld Discussion (look around the Oct 2005 timeframe - in the 3500's or so).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.