Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
United States
Scotts Valley
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm told that game play is much better with the River expansion. Since my set didn't come with it, what is the best (i.e. least expensive) way to add it to my collection?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jarek Szczepanik
Norway
Oslo
Oslo
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The river makes the game more interesting and helps with field demarcation. However, the game often ends with holes around the river - something irritating for puzzle fans.

I prefer River II over River I, but it's fun to use both. River II can be bought with Count, King and Robber expansion. River I can be bought from the German publisher: http://www.cundco.de/shop/?tx_dkdshop%5Bcategory%5D=1&tx_dkd.... You can also check e-bay.

P.S. I recommend the alternative spring from The mini expansion (it also has an additional River tile).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Brown
United States
Parker
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I believe the current release (Z-Man) includes the River. That would give you extra tiles and the river for $40. The River by itself is usually around $20. Seems like there isn't a cheap way...
Maybe get the new version and give your version to someone to spread the board game love?
Oddly, the current Big Box does not include the River.

Edit: Svartisen's suggestion above mine is really good. I also always use the River & River II for a nice branched river to build around.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Judd
United States
Wright City
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mb
I went with the cundco.de route

I never heard back from them after placing my order, but a package arrived from Germany several weeks later.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jarek Szczepanik
Norway
Oslo
Oslo
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
They never answer Mark, but the package always comes. Sometimes, they can confuse one or two elements but only if you order more tiny things like spare tiles, meeples and stuff.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Scotts Valley
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Svartisen wrote:
River II can be bought with Count, King and Robber expansion.

Thanks! This is a good tip. I had noticed that it comes with the basic set now, but hadn't noticed its presence in this expansion.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
SoCal
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You may be better off buying a cheap, used copy of Carcassonne that includes the River add-on, and then salvaging that. Nice thing here is you won't need to worry about the base game being incomplete or otherwise damaged.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex Drazen
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I actually did get an answer from Cundco regarding my River tiles, although I also (mis)translated my message into German with Google and included both an English and German version.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
the dare978devil
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hate to say it, but the Cundco method is the expensive way to go about it. If you want original River II tiles, you can pay up to 50 bucks or more on eBay, it has really gone crazy. But Z-Man recently released the excellent Count, King, and Robber which comes with the River II tiles, and costs only 12 bucks. Great deal, and it is widely available.

This release mirrors the original expansion which was only available in Europe when first released by Rio Grande. Now you can get it almost anywhere. At 12 bucks, it's a steal.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.