Cameron Murdaugh
msg tools
Why does the rules say faceup(see below), does it mean facedown or is something supposed to happen (like shuffle when you hit the faceup card)? Or does the game continue with the knowledge of the type of unit you are buying?

"Any killed units are placed faceup on the bottom of their
respective unit decks."

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tibs
United States
Amherst
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah they just operate as a discard pile. You know to shuffle the deck when there are only faceups left. It's a brilliant space-saving concept on paper, but it can be a little annoying during teardown (or setup) to make sure the decks are all aligned.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gado Gadolphos
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
i just put them all in a separate stack (if i'm short on room, i just stack all 3 units together). when the deck empties, i get the respective units and shuffle and restack the deck. since i keep most of my tokens in a fishing tackle box for organization (so i don't have to have a mess of coins/investments/culturex1/culturex5 tokens every game), i will usually put the dead soldiers in the top part of the tackle box until it's time to reshuffle.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.