Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
BGG Admin
United States
Unspecified
Texas
flag msg tools
TA YU (Alfonzo, *Dave*)
We were the first to show, so I broke out this recent acquisition for its maiden voyage. I'd heard good things about this connect-both-sides domino-laying game. Plus it looks cool. Well, it didn't really wow me, but I think that's because Alfonzo and I were learning as we went. I can see how strategies might develop that could make this a real winner. Plus, it can be played partnership with four! The bits, though really gorgeous, were oddly designed in that you're supposed to stack the draw pile off to the side... but the 'dominoes' are a bit too thin, causing the stacks to tumble on occasion. Also, some of the dominoes have a symbol on their backs to indicate that these pieces have entrances and exits on three sides. You don't know exactly how they'll be configured, but this can be a useful thing to know - you might need that kind of tile or really NOT need it. The problem is, the symbol is etched into the back of the tile, but not colored or anything, so I found myself often tilting my head or looking at the stack from the very side edge to see if the symbol would catch the light and make itself known. Not well thought out at all.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.