Switzerland
Denges
Vaud
flag msg tools
badge
Neko-San is here!
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello,

After a close combat in 2007 (north of Rangoon), the Japanese army have to retreat to their start position. The problem is : the 14th army came from Lashio and it seems that an unit cannot retreat two hexes and it cannot retreat to Mandalay because of stacking...
So what happens?
Can the 14th army retreat to Rangoon (I would like)

Thank you for helping

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Francisco Colmenares
Canada
Woodbridge
Ontario
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
After a close combat in 2007 (north of Rangoon)

2007? And you're bringing this up now? It's been six years man, let it go!

As Mark is fond of saying: Follow the Sequence of Play.

I assume Japan is the Offensive Player in this combat situation. The 14th Army must retreat into the hex from which it entered the Battle (Lashio is not relevant in this scenario). That is Mandalay, it doesn't matter that you are over stacking. You will resolve this problem at the conclusion of the Strategy card play.

Meanwhile you can conduct post battle movement. Assuming the air unit in Mandalay is active you can move it into Rangoon and avoid the over stack situation. If the air unit is not active, then you follow the rules for resolving over stack situations: This means your air unit will be removed and placed on the reinforcement track arriving next turn as a reinforcement (because it is in supply).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Herman
United States
New York
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
colmenarez wrote:
Quote:
After a close combat in 2007 (north of Rangoon)

2007? And you're bringing this up now? It's been six years man, let it go!

As Mark is fond of saying: Follow the Sequence of Play.

I assume Japan is the Offensive Player in this combat situation. The 14th Army must retreat into the hex from which it entered the Battle (Lashio is not relevant in this scenario). That is Mandalay, it doesn't matter that you are over stacking. You will resolve this problem at the conclusion of the Strategy card play.

Meanwhile you can conduct post battle movement. Assuming the air unit in Mandalay is active you can move it into Rangoon and avoid the over stack situation. If the air unit is not active, then you follow the rules for resolving over stack situations: This means your air unit will be removed and placed on the reinforcement track arriving next turn as a reinforcement (because it is in supply).

Good answer… also overstocked units are not eliminated, just in the penalty box for a bit.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lopo Metello
Switzerland
Denges
Vaud
flag msg tools
badge
Neko-San is here!
mbmbmbmbmb
Okay, thanks for remembering me the sequence of play!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Herman
United States
New York
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Lopo,

How do you get your Avatar to change between different EoTS counters?

If you have the code I would like to use it for mine.

Thanks in advance,

Mark

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Francisco Colmenares
Canada
Woodbridge
Ontario
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
That's an animated GIF file. It's basically a set of images (in this case 2 but it can be more) that are collected into frames with time delay between showing frames and a repeat value of 0 for continuous display.

Most photo and image editors should be able to give you the option of creating an animated GIF file. I suggest looking up the help for your usual image editor on how to produce an animated GIF file.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lopo Metello
Switzerland
Denges
Vaud
flag msg tools
badge
Neko-San is here!
mbmbmbmbmb
MarkHerman wrote:
Lopo,

How do you get your Avatar to change between different EoTS counters?

If you have the code I would like to use it for mine.

Thanks in advance,

Mark

Hello Mark,

I downloaded scans for the counters in a little software called GIFQuickMaker (for Mac) and your scans move at the wanted speed. There is probably something similar for PC but I can do it for you, if you want. Just send me your scans and it will take 10 minutes to have such avatar.
There is nothing I can do for the designer of so great games

Lopo

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Francisco Colmenares
Canada
Woodbridge
Ontario
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I just tried the animated avatar. Since I'm using the VASSAL graphics they're not as sharp as counter scans but it's still good enough for me.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.