Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Frances McGregor
Canada
The Pas
Manitoba
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've noticed that for this set, some of the cards have a "trash" effect. Does "trash" mean discarded/played cards in front of you?

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rodolphe Duhil
France
Rambouillet
Ile-de-France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The rules say : "When placed from anywhere to your Discards. The effect continues while the card in your Discards."
The Trash mechanics is indeed not clear.

It seems that instead of playing one of your cards (2nd step of the Sequence of play), you can trash a card present in the play area, probably only the ones on the other players' discard piles as these are the only ones face up.

If so, the sequence of play should have been clarified. I wonder if you can trash a card that you've just looked at (Scout).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Zen
Japan
Kyoto
flag msg tools
twitch.tv/zenxacred
badge
follow me on twitter: @zenxacred
mbmbmbmbmb
zaphiel wrote:
I've noticed that for this set, some of the cards have a "trash" effect. Does "trash" mean discarded/played cards in front of you?

Thanks!

Yes.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frances McGregor
Canada
The Pas
Manitoba
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you very much for your replies everybody!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frances McGregor
Canada
The Pas
Manitoba
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Messire wrote:
The rules say : "When placed from anywhere to your Discards. The effect continues while the card in your Discards."
The Trash mechanics is indeed not clear.

It seems that instead of playing one of your cards (2nd step of the Sequence of play), you can trash a card present in the play area, probably only the ones on the other players' discard piles as these are the only ones face up.

If so, the sequence of play should have been clarified. I wonder if you can trash a card that you've just looked at (Scout).

I'm thinking that Trash is not a new mechanic, just a short-hand way to say "when this card is in your discard area", since I believe some of the other cards let you steal other player's discards.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls

Wichita
Kansas
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, think of "trash" effects as being like a long-term Handmaiden/Priestess from Love Letter, with the added benefit that the effect still occurs regardless of whether or not you intentionally played the card or were forced to do so by an effect played by another player.

EDIT: Although in the case of the Berserk card, the trash effect is actually detrimental to yourself. In that case you'd want to use another card to move it from your discards to those of another player.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.