Popular Tags: [View All]
Andy Pelton
United Kingdom
Hucknall
Nottinghamshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I have a question about reinforcementment when two hoards are close together.

For example you have a situation like the following.

_|_|Z|
_|S|_|
_|X|_|

You have two zombie groups positioned like so

Group X move 1st, they move to the survivors and attack, they roll 4 dice and get a reinforcement icon, group Z can move into the survivors, but do they attack?

I also take it that the only restriction on moving zombies and creatures is that

zombies on the survivors tiles attack first
then
any zombie hoards/creatures will move towards the survivors and then attack, it does not matter which group/creature is activated in which order

Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Bruns
United States
Naperville
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Actually, group X in your example is outside the trigger zone, so they would not move unless you are in the end game, where all zombies move.

Previous discussions state that the zombies arriving from the reinforcement die do not attack at that time. Not that this is very intuitive.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Pelton
United Kingdom
Hucknall
Nottinghamshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
tal342 wrote:
Actually, group X in your example is outside the trigger zone, so they would not move unless you are in the end game, where all zombies move.

Previous discussions state that the zombies arriving from the reinforcement die do not attack at that time. Not that this is very intuitive.

Ah, right I had got that totally wrong in my head. I thought all zombies move towards the player regardless for distance.

I have edited my example.

So in my revised example group Z would reinforce group X when they attack the survivors but not trigger another attack and hence letting the group survive till their next turn with no further damage.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Bruns
United States
Naperville
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Pelton
United Kingdom
Hucknall
Nottinghamshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
tal342 wrote:
Yes

Cool

Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Boris
Germany
Schleswig Holstein
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
tal342 wrote:
Yes

How about this situation ?

_|_||Z|
_|S|S2|
_|X||_|

||=Wall

"Zombie X" moves to "Survivor S". "Zombie X" attacks "Survivor S". One result is reinforcement.
Now "Zombie Z" has to move to "Survivor S" but must pass through Survivor S2.
Do "Zombies Z" attack "Survivor 2" ?

I am not sure, I would say:
1. During the reinforcement: No, they only have to stop at "Survivor S2".
2. But "Zombie Z" hasn't activated yet (they "were" in the "Triggered Zone" of "S2") and as soon as they get activated, they are attacking Survivor S2, right ?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Bruns
United States
Naperville
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This is a odd case, but I think you are correct. Zombies will never leave a location with survivors, but they were not triggered to attack yet.

When you trigger the S2 zone, they are in the space so they would attack.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Ausloos
Belgium
Ranst
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I think you are missing a key element in the rules what rëinforcements are concerned:

A zombie horde that is orthogonally adjacent can only be chosen if there’s line of sight from their room into the contested room

Remember that line of sight is determined in straight lines.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Boris
Germany
Schleswig Holstein
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ausloosd wrote:
I think you are missing a key element in the rules what rëinforcements are concerned:

A zombie horde that is orthogonally adjacent can only be chosen if there’s line of sight from their room into the contested room

Remember that line of sight is determined in straight lines.

But if you take a look at the rules on page 13, at "Reinforcement", it also says:
"Zombies that are diagonally adjacent can be chosen only if both the
zombies’ room and the contested room have line of sight into a room adjoining both"

So "Zombie Z" can be choosen for a reinforcment !
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Piscione Robert
France
Metz
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
No réponse ?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Ausloos
Belgium
Ranst
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Boris, you are correct. I forgot that there was in your example a horde in the same room as "S". I had to play it with the actual components to see the situation
So "Z" will move towards "S" but will encounter "S2" during its movement.
As a result, the horde will stay at "S2", as the rule of thumb is that zombies will never leave a room with victims.
During the next reaction phase when they are triggered, they will attack.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.