Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Rachel Vacek
United States
Ann Arbor
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm surprised I didn't see anyone post about this Kickstarter here. They are producing box inserts and acrylic tokens for many games, including Mage Wars. I think it's a neat idea, although personally I'd rather spend the money on more Mage Wars expansions than on an insert (although it's really nice!)

Here is more info about the Mage Wars box insert: http://go7gaming.com/mw-001-insert-for-mage-wars/

Here is info about the damage tokens: http://go7gaming.com/damage-tokens-for-mage-wars/

Direct link to the Kickstarter: http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1144387021/board-game-st...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Remus Rhymus
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
I think that this situation absolutely requires
badge
a really futile and stupid gesture be done on somebody's part!
mbmbmbmbmb
Looks nice, but do the spellbooks fit?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ivan Kidd
United States
Thomasville
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The description states that it has room left over on top of the insert to fit your "board, manual, mage boards, and more."

You can put as much stock in the "more" comment as you'd like to, but if I was a betting man, I'd lay odds that your spellbooks won't fit and the box still be able to close all the way.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean
United States
Mechanicsburg
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
I don't want happiness by halves, nor is half of sorrow what I want. Yet there's a pillow I would share, where gently pressed against a cheek like a helpless star, a falling star, a ring glimmers on the finger of a hand.
mbmbmbmbmb
Have to agree with Ivan, it looks like after the board is put on top there wouldn't be much clearance for the spellbooks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Patterson
United States
Iowa City
Iowa
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It still looks pretty nice regardless. I have some Commands and Colors: Ancients box lids that only go about halfway down because of Plano storage and the like, so a box lid for Mage Wars that didn't quite fit wouldn't be a deal breaker for me.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bobby Griggs
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Unfortunately, this insert is not designed with spellbook storage in mind. I played around with a couple of designs, but as my spellbook stack grew to 8, I gave up.

Matt Drake did a review of this insert and he dropped a rail so he could store some spellbooks:

http://drakesflames.com/stuff-review-go7-gaming/

Of course, he gave up half the card storage.

Heliconia wrote:
Have to agree with Ivan, it looks like after the board is put on top there wouldn't be much clearance for the spellbooks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls

Ottawa
Ontario
msg tools
With my homemade insert I can fit 2 core sets and all the expansions as well as 8 spell books, one game board, all the chits, dice and tokens into one box. The box weighs a lot!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Remus Rhymus
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
I think that this situation absolutely requires
badge
a really futile and stupid gesture be done on somebody's part!
mbmbmbmbmb
broken clock wrote:
With my homemade insert I can fit 2 core sets and all the expansions as well as 8 spell books, one game board, all the chits, dice and tokens into one box. The box weighs a lot!

pics?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls

Ottawa
Ontario
msg tools

The insert was made from foamcore. There are six compartments, one for each spell type. The extra slot at the bottom is for the dice and the big slot at the top is for the chits and other things. It fits 8 spellbooks, 2 player cards, rulebook and board. I keep my extra board, chits and 2 extra spell books in my other box.

Six of the eight spellbooks are full. I should be able to reduce the amount of cards in my holder by a lot more when I fill the latest two spellbooks. Everything fits in the box with a slight bulge, which I could probably fix by cutting the tops of the insert, but I don't care.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.