Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Patrick Brennan
Australia
St Ives, Sydney
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It's the first time I've played with the correct double Siesta rules (as per funagain site). The game tightens up a lot as it's harder to score. The game turns seem to alternate between setting up a decent play on the first, and then taking advantage of the setup on the second - whilst trying to hose another player's next big-play with maybe one of your actions and hoping they don't do the same to you. With 3 players there's a bit of chicken run in it - do I leave it to the next player to stop Player A's big score (and run the risk that he doesn't see it) or do I fall on my own sword a bit. It's a game of inches, with positions undulating as setups and bigger scores come in waves.

The trick, as always, is to be the first out with your tents so that you get the last score. Which means occasionally passing up a point along the way in favour of getting another tent out.

Scores: Pat 29, Nick and Rob not far behind

A rating of 7 after 5 games for 'good game, usually willing to play'. I find it visually and tactilely pleasing, and although it's abstract and quiet, I enjoy the 1 turn look-ahead for good plays and the occasional search for more depth with a 2 turn look ahead. It doesn't rate higher because it seems more tactical than strategic. But more than happy to bring it out every so often ... and it's also a great pastime for 2 year olds - arranging all the pretty colours and shapes into different patterns on the board.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.