Subject: Resource Transport Across a Strait rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Doug Harned
United States
New Mexico
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
We're playing with Limited Overseas Supply (LOS).

The French are shipping resources to Cape St. Vincent, into Morroco, up the rail to Gibralter, across the straits to Spain and up the rail lines into France.

CW controls the CoStV and IT controls the W. Med (no CW ships there).

Optional rule #12 prevents shipping resources across a strait if that strait is in a sea zone where the shipping country cannot also trace overseas supplies.

Since the strait at Gib actually is the border between CoStV and W. Med. it's unclear if the resources can be railed from Morroco to Spain. What do people understand the rule to be in this case?

Also, could the resources in CoStV be "off loaded" into a neutral Spanish port and from there railed to France? I see where resources can be railed through a neutral minor, but I'm unclear about actually entering through a port in a neutral minor country.

Please share the knowledge on the two questions above.

Thanks.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wendell
United States
Yellow Springs
Ohio
flag msg tools
Si non potes reperire Berolini in tabula, ludens essetis non WIF.
badge
Hey, get your stinking cursor off my face! I got nukes, you know.
mbmbmbmbmb
In order to block the resource, Italy would have to block both Cape St Vincent and the W. Med.

And yes, you could drop the resources in Capt St V into a Portuguese or Spanish port and rail them the rest of the way to a French factory.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.