Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
35 Posts
1 , 2  Next »   | 

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Gaming Related » Hot Deals

Subject: USM Advent Calendar | 12/11 [iOS] Wars of the Roses - Rosenkönig $1.99 rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Michael Teague
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
USM has an advent calendar up on their site with a new discount every day through the 25th. I would have posted this sooner, but I only just now found out. The previously reported iOS Rivals of Catan sale was the discount on Dec 3rd.

Updates here: http://www.usmgames.com/news-96-96/newsliste-0/

[LIVE]
12/11 [iOS] Wars of the Roses - Rosenkönig $1.99 (reg. $3.99) https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/rosenkonig/id482910640?mt=8

[UPCOMING]

[DEAD]
12/5 [iOS] Ingenious $0.99 (reg. $1.99)
12/6 [Android] Catan $2.99 (reg. $3.99)
12/7 [iOS/iPhone] Catan $2.99 (reg. $4.99)
12/8 [iOS/iPad] Catan HD $2.99 (reg. $4.99)
12/9 [Windows] Keltis Gold 5,99€ (reg. 9,99€)
12/10 [iOS] FREE Rivals for Catan (code drop, 10 codes)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick B.
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mb
Re: USM Advent Calendar | 12/5 [iOS] Ingenious $0.99 | 12/6 [Android] Catan $2.99
Thanks, good to know when some of these will be discounted. I'll have to pick up Catan HD on the 8th, online multiplayer is supposed to be coming for it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
-=::) Dante (::=-
United States
KEW GARDENS
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: USM Advent Calendar | 12/5 [iOS] Ingenious $0.99 | 12/6 [Android] Catan $2.99
It's 12/5 and Ingenious is showing $1.99/$2.99 for iPhone/iPad. Neither one is .99

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
any thoughts/comments on the settlers of catan (android)?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Teague
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
NuMystic wrote:
It's 12/5 and Ingenious is showing $1.99/$2.99 for iPhone/iPad. Neither one is .99
It was $0.99 at the time of my posting. USM is in Germany, CET time zone (UTC + 1). I'm assuming the prices are changing according to their time zone?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Troy
Canada
Stratford
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
abe18 wrote:

I have it on my Galaxy Tab. It's a fun implementation. There is no online multiplayer and I don't recall if there is a pass and play mode. It's been a while since I played it. Though for 2.99 it is well worth it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
stinkoman wrote:
abe18 wrote:

I have it on my Galaxy Tab. It's a fun implementation. There is no online multiplayer and I don't recall if there is a pass and play mode. It's been a while since I played it. Though for 2.99 it is well worth it.

so one can only play against the AI?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Teague
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
abe18 wrote:
so one can only play against the AI?
You can play hotseat. I'd be much more interested if there was online multiplayer, myself.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick B.
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mb
Re: USM Advent Calendar | 12/6 [Android] Catan $2.99 | 12/7 [iOS] Catan $?.??
They're doing beta testing for online muliplayer on the Android version right now. Supposedly it's open, you just have to request to join the Google+ community. I sent a request to join yesterday, but haven't heard back yet. Here's the link:

https://plus.google.com/communities/109997593658083650227

I think there's Pass & Play on both the Android and iOS versions.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David C
United States
Aurora
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mb
Re: USM Advent Calendar | 12/6 [Android] Catan $2.99 | 12/7 [iOS] Catan $?.??
I liked ingenious, but I didn't like how transparent the AI is.

Basically, seal it off from scoring on one color, and you win. It makes no attempts to stop you from sealing it off, nor doing anything more than incidentally restarting in that color if it should happen to connect to a color that earns major points.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Teague
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: USM Advent Calendar | 12/6 [Android] Catan $2.99 | 12/7 [iOS] Catan $2.99
iOS Catan is now discounted to $2.99.
Android version is still on sale.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Emeryville
California
flag msg tools
badge
Sometimes life is scary and dark. That is why we must find the light. -BMO
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: USM Advent Calendar | 12/6 [Android] Catan $2.99 | 12/7 [iOS] Catan $2.99
eugaet wrote:
iOS Catan is now discounted to $2.99.
Android version is still on sale.

It might be worth noting, this is the iPhone version. Catan HD is not on sale at the moment.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Teague
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: USM Advent Calendar | 12/7 [iPhone] Catan $2.99 | 12/8 [iPad] Catan HD $?.??
Misterboy wrote:
It might be worth noting, this is the iPhone version. Catan HD is not on sale at the moment.
I've updated the OP to be more specific, thanks.
The Android Catan discount is at this point, of course, dead.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick B.
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mb
Re: USM Advent Calendar | 12/7 [iPhone] Catan $2.99 | 12/8 [iPad] Catan HD $?.??
Picked up Catan HD for $2.99, on sale now. Seafarers and Cities and Knights IAP's are $4.99 each, which unlock a campaign mode and additional maps. However, there are basic versions of each included for no charge. Has anyone purchased either of these, and are they worth it?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike K.
United States
Windsor
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Look at the reviews carefully on the App Store. People have reported some of the expansions are buggy and the game developer seems to care less about fixing them (probably because they may have lost their ip license, as another version of catan coming out by another developer). Also, some people have had problems restoring their IAP after updates/restore.

I'm personally going to wait and see if the new app by the new dev is any better. I mean, an AI that continually beats you by cheating on the dice rolls? Ridiculous!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
snapadonut wrote:
Look at the reviews carefully on the App Store. People have reported some of the expansions are buggy and the game developer seems to care less about fixing them (probably because they may have lost their ip license, as another version of catan coming out by another developer). Also, some people have had problems restoring their IAP after updates/restore.

I'm personally going to wait and see if the new app by the new dev is any better. I mean, an AI that continually beats you by cheating on the dice rolls? Ridiculous!

are you referring to the base game or expansions?

i was tempted to get it at 2.99, but for the $1 savings there is no rush to go out and buy an subpar version.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike K.
United States
Windsor
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't have the app personally because of all the off-putting reviews. Just read them for yourself and decide.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Teague
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: USM Advent Calendar | 12/8 [iPad] Catan HD $2.99 | 12/9 [Windows] Keltis Gold ?,??€
Updated OP, thanks. Hopefully tomorrow they'll let us know what to expect for the next week.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick B.
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mb
Re: USM Advent Calendar | 12/8 [iPad] Catan HD $2.99 | 12/9 [Windows] Keltis Gold ?,??€
snapadonut wrote:

Just curious, where did you hear that a new developer is working on a new version of the game?

I've played a few games on this version, and my only complaint so far is that the IAP's are as much as the normal price of the base game and they shove it in your face that you haven't bought them. With the $2 savings on the base game right now, I feel it's worth picking it up if you like Catan. The game plays well, graphics are great, the AI is challenging enough and it has pass & play. USM is currently testing multiplayer function to be added sometime next year as well.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike K.
United States
Windsor
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
http://www.pockettactics.com/news/ios-news/goko-reverses-cou...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick B.
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mb
Thanks Mike! I've been following iOS board game news pretty closely and missed this announcement.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ron Mansolilli
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Very disappointing adaptation... Save your money on Catan.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Rosso
United States
Massapequa
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I believe they are working on multiplayer for Catan right now. Going to test the android version first.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
-=::) Dante (::=-
United States
KEW GARDENS
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
snapadonut wrote:

So you're holding out for a better implementation from… Goko???

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anthony Cavanna
United States
Scarsdale
New York
flag msg tools
Re: USM Advent Calendar | 12/9 [Windows] Keltis Gold 5,99€
12/10 update are codes for free download of Rivals for Catan.

http://www.usmgames.com/newsdetail-96-96/usm_advent_calendar...

Codes appear to be live now, I was able to redeem the second code in the list.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.