Matthew Scott
United States
San Antonio
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
So we broke out Pathfinder tonight in the gaming group and ran through the first scenario from the base game adventure path, Brigandoom. As a teaching game for at least a couple of the players, I'd say we were doing pretty well! Our wizard was burning through the Academy with no problems and we were on a guaranteed path to victory. No mere bandits were going to stand between us and victory! We encountered the Villain a bit early, but we were able to temporarily close off all but one of the remaining locations, leaving him only two places to hide, one of which had been fairly thoroughly searched. He, of course, decided to hide in the other one. But no worries! And then we noticed the Blessings Deck running a bit low on cards. We hastily poured everything that we had left into finding the villain and even managed to permanently close all of the other locations in the process. Leaving us with us with not quite enough turns left to find the villain at the one remaining open location. But maybe we'd be lucky, right? Wrong. So very...very...wrong. The game unfortunately ended before we could finish exploring the location, but it was close! We manged to acquire a couple of allies at the very end that kept our streak going for a little while, but eventually our luck ran out, and out of blessings and allies to discard, we were unable to continue the hunt. Disappointing to say the least. But much, much, MUCH more so when I curiously flipped over the NEXT card in the location deck only to discover that it was Jubrayl Vhiski... Oh and did I mention that my turn was next? Valeros...with the Greatsword...with help from Harsk... I would have rolled 1d10 + 2d6 + 1d4 + 3 on a Combat 10 check to win the scenario... cry
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kris Boyen
Belgium
Leuven
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Never look at the next card of a deck after the game is over (or in other games, you made the decision to mulligan). I hope you had fun nonetheless.

I guess the problem was that you have closed all other locations. if you have at every open location someone who can temporary close the location, other players can explore the locations where the villain is hiding.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Scott
United States
San Antonio
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
So actually closing the other locations was purely accidental. We had moved our characters into position to be able to temporarily close locations and go after the villain with everyone else, and just happened upon Bandits at each one and were able to close them permanently instead.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Scott
United States
San Antonio
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Karian wrote:
I hope you had fun nonetheless.

Absolutely we did!!! I have really been enjoying this game, and I love how your in game decisions can affect your character for the length of the game rather than just a single scenario. We'll be back at it! Those bandits won't be so lucky next time!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.