Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Chris Magoulis
United States
Safety Harbor
FL
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
LTTP, but I just got the base game and backed the Frigost set on Kickstarter. I'm getting all the stretch goals, but I'm thinking of adding $10 for more cards. Should I go for a complete XXL set or Foils?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Morten Notodden
Norway
Notodden
Telemark
flag msg tools
I game...
badge
...and I'm a gnome.
mbmbmbmbmb
I have always thought of foil cards as very silly. I think the idea of foil cards here is pointless. The chromatic surface also breaks with the cartoony game theme.

No, go XXL. They're easier to read and looks much cooler.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Valadez
United States
Villa Park
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
"RAWR!" means "I love you" in kaiju.
mbmbmbmbmb
Agreed. The XXL cards are more practical.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Magoulis
United States
Safety Harbor
FL
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Done! Exactly the kind of clear answers I was looking for. Thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Mason
United Kingdom
Stoke-on-Trent
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Also depending on how the foil is done it could make the cards to read depending on how the light falls on them.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shawn Gierlinger

Quincy
Illinois
msg tools
For sure the XXL cards makes tracking wounds and stuff easier with the big cards to put them on.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg S.
United States
Whittier
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I appreciate this info, too. I'm a new backer to the Kickstarter and the game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ricky Dang
United States
Brooklyn
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
IIRC, the foil cards are only foiled on the backside, not on the stat side. That said, I think XXL would be the better way to go.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Apis Rex
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I would go with the foils rather than the XXLs, personally. They're going to be easier to sleeve, will fit in most card binders (giving you a nice way to leaf through them and just appreciate the card art or check out their stats without having to sift through the cards in a pile or deal with the bulk of a massive box when you're hauling your stuff to a buddy's place or to the FLGS), will take up less space on the game table, the card text won't be obscured because only the art side is foiled, and much of the art is the sort that would "pop" quite nicely with any decent foiling process.

The XXLs by comparison just seem far less practical and far less interesting.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nicholas Vitek
United States
Houston
Texas
flag msg tools
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I want foiled XXL cards with foil on front and back!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tex Hammack

Spanish Fork
Utah
msg tools
mb
Apis Rex wrote:
I would go with the foils rather than the XXLs, personally. They're going to be easier to sleeve, will fit in most card binders (giving you a nice way to leaf through them and just appreciate the card art or check out their stats without having to sift through the cards in a pile or deal with the bulk of a massive box when you're hauling your stuff to a buddy's place or to the FLGS), will take up less space on the game table, the card text won't be obscured because only the art side is foiled, and much of the art is the sort that would "pop" quite nicely with any decent foiling process.

The XXLs by comparison just seem far less practical and far less interesting.

QFT!! ^^^This is full of win^^^. Was just about to post a very similar view.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.