Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Shaun Taylor
United States
Raytown
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmb
A siggestion for an add-on/expansion/stretch goal: Engineering dice that feature the station symbols rather than pips. I would buy a set in a heartbeat.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Flapjack Quarterpie
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Awesome idea!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nicholas Palmer
United States
Athens
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Make them white like the standard energy dice, and ink the symbols on each side in the color of the station they are for.

Also, if the black team energy dice were black that would be cool too.

Seriously, even if all ten were white, I would buy them IMMEDIATELY.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pete McPherson
United States
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
When I first opened my set, my first thought was "why don't the engineering dice show station symbols?" The game already has 38 custom dice; I'm sure it would be perfectly feasible to make custom engineering dice.

I think that the only reason this wasn't done is because this would make the engineering station too simple. As soon as the engineer sees the symbols they need, they can pass the dice. With standard dice, the engineer has to think for a moment before passing dice to stations. And in Dice Duel, a moment can be a the difference between winning and losing.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lee Fisher
United States
Downingtown
PA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
There was some discussion on this here

Re: Design Notes #1: How Stations Work

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.