Hide
3 Posts

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Gaming Related » Recommendations

Subject: Easier Ruleset rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jim I.
msg tools
So a while back I bought Battle from the Age of Reason: Fontenoy based on having played it with friends who really knew the rules. While the rules are great I'm now wanting a ruleset with a similar feel but are a little "lighter" if you know what I mean. Something I could play with other friends to introduce them to chit / hex games. Anyone have recommendations?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kent Reuber
United States
San Mateo
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
These may be too light for you, but I thought I'd suggest them. The rules are online, so you should check them out and see if they suit.

Hold the Line: Frederick's War
Hold the Line

Are you interested in just the mid-1700's period or are you interested in other conflicts? For example, the Battles of the American Revolution series is pretty well respected.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim I.
msg tools
So sorry for the late reply. I am interested in other conflicts and I'll definitely check out these games. Thanks for your recommendations!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.