7 Posts

Firefly: The Game» Forums » Rules

Subject: Number of Crew rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mb
The rules say the maximum number of "crew" your ship can carry is printed on the ship card. For a standard Firefly it is 6. This may sound like a stupid question but does this include your Captain? I was not sure because of the "find a crew; find a job; keep flyin'" quote from the game, which suggests your crew does not include the captain.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Farrington
United States
Eagan
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The popular consensus here seems to be yes. The leader is included in the crew count.

http://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1030953/is-the-leader-consid...
http://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1068763/leaders-and-crew
http://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1053165/captain-as-crew

Hope these help.

Have fun,
A.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Fung
United States
San Diego
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Captain plus 5 is enough. With captain plus 6, you don't have to make many hard choices about who you have room for.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Nelson
United States
Dist of Columbia
flag msg tools
We always play that the Captain is part of the crew, to include shore leave and the removal of disgruntled tokens from crew. Heck, I even "killed" my Captain to send him back to the ship (I needed the other crew members stats (it was one of those, Kill a Crew and Proceed type situations.))

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Doug Andrews
United States
Aliso Viejo
California
flag msg tools
mbmb
I'd swear I read that the Captain is a part of the crew. But can't find it now.

Though you might infer when it says that "the Captain differs from normal crew... " That he is a crew member, simply an abnormal one

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Chick
United States
Tujunga
California
flag msg tools
badge
The leader is absolutely part of the crew. The leader section on pg. 10 explains the three ways he differs from "normal" crew. Also, note that a disgruntled leader can't be hired by another player because leaders have no hire cost.

-Tom

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
F Thiess
msg tools
The general theory is that there are only so many bunks and every one gets one. The only way I could imagine the crew not including the captain would mean that some one got to sleep on cold steel floor. If that's not grounds for double disgruntled I don't know what is. So far the game hasn't addressed the concept of married crew sharing a bunk. For the crew the policy for crew is bachelors and spinsters only, orphans preferred. So there you go, crew includes captain.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.