C K
United States
Kingston
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

Hi there-

A few months ago I started getting into boardgaming and have been listening to the Dice Tower, slowly working my way through all the old episodes.

Of course I heard great things about DOA, and after playing and really enjoying DOA 1 (which I rented from BoardGameExchange), I bought a copy of DOA 2. My son and I have been playing and pretty much have a handle on the rules.

Tonight, though, this scene occurred:

During the move phase, I move Annie Oakley into my (team Black) base. On his turn, my son has Boris Andronov break into my base. The next turn, Annie moves to the vault, taking op fire. Boris then moves to the vault and, after a bout of melee, uses the adventure phase of his turn to break into the vault, take all the items, and is dismissed.

My understanding from the rules is that you can only remove items from your vault during the free action phase of your turn, but you can use the adventure phase to break into an opponent’s vault. If we’re playing this right, I’m not sure it makes sense to me. It would mean that an enemy can move to and access your vault in a single turn (and then be dismissed, out of harm’s way), while it would take you two turns to do the same thing (move phase of one turn, free action phase of the next).

Any clarification on this would be greatly appreciated. I’m excited to have found this site, I’ve already found it to be a wonderful resource.

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Mesich
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
Horta chortles.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You have to fill out requisition forms and sign material safety disclosures and stuff and STILL you can only manage to gather half the goods at a time.

Villians just break in and loot stuff and disappear into the night.

Such is life.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
C K
United States
Kingston
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

OK, so long as we're playing it right, I can work with that explanation!
Thanks for the quick reply.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Denise Lavely
United States
Carmel
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I nominate Michael's answer to be incorporated into the Master Rules, please!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.