1 , 2  Next »   | 

Zombicide» Forums » General

Subject: Promo Survivor Madness rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
I've seen promo survivors go for 50, 60, 70 even 100 USD... but I honestly could not believe my eyes when I saw Ivy the Hit Girl at 200+ USD with 9 hours to go. Is it me or is that complete madness?

All I can say is wow... and I am seriously considering listing my promos after the second wave arrives.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Zombicide-Ivy-the-Hit-Girl-Limited-E...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Cooper
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Mage Wars: Beastmaster's Pet
mbmbmbmbmb
sigabrt666 wrote:
Is it me or is that complete madness?

It's not you.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Yoki Erdtman
Sweden
Södertälje
flag msg tools
badge
Handsome devil huh?
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah that makes me want to sell mine.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonah Rees
Wales
Cardiff
South Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If you can afford it and want them then whatever, that's how auctions work. I would never pay that much (although I did pay over the odds for the S1 promos). Doesn't make me want to sell mine though, I bought my miniatures for playing with.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
Don't get me wrong. If a person has the disposable income they are, obviously, well free to spend it however they please... Zombicide minis, pet rocks, crack, a square foot of the Brazilian rainforest, a bar tab for your mates, etc... fair play to them.

I was simply gobsmacked by the fact that these minis were commanding that manner of price on the open market. Adam Smith would be well proud to be certain.

In all honesty, and this might be a bit of a jerk move, but I was just being a bit of an eBay troll in that I put a bid in at 224 USD just to see how far it would go. I was immediately outbid.

Had I 'won' it I would've done the right thing and paid the fellow straight-away. I'm half tempted to do it again...

Playing chicken on eBay with Zombicide minis. I think I've discovered my new favourite pastime. I am a bit of a gambler, so I don't know if I'm going to be able to resist further bids... worst case scenario? I win it, go down to my local hobby store and get an Alumilite casting kit and start a Zombicide promo mini black market to make my money back. ;-) They would be relatively easy to cast. (I'm joking, I'm joking! Naturally, copyright and/or intellectual property laws would prevent me from engaging in such behaviour). whistle
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eddie the Cranky Gamer
Canada
Edmonton
Alberta
flag msg tools
badge
I know two people who have paid excessive amounts for promos from this game.

Both live in their parents basement.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
Right, so I think I am going to try my hand at casting promo 'proxies'. The price? a whopping cost of material which I estimate to be 0.75 USD + postage, and if you are > 18 years old and still live in your family home, a solemn promise to get your own place. pm me if interested.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bill Watterson
England
flag msg tools
mb
sigabrt666 wrote:
In all honesty, and this might be a bit of a jerk move, but I was just being a bit of an eBay troll in that I put a bid in at 224 USD just to see how far it would go. I was immediately outbid.

Just had a look at the bids and methinks that .50 bit on the bid above you is a clear sign you lucked out and had you big any higher you'd probably be ~40mins away from winning. :eek:

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
Playing 'chicken' on eBay is a rush.

Almost as much of a rush as I had this past Monday when I put my mortgage money on the Toon to beat ManU...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
I couldn't resist. I got it up to 315 USD and again immediately outbid. This really is amazing to me. Zombicide promo minis could be a brilliant topic for an economics thesis... or even a study in marketing. This truly is brilliant stuff.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Hoffman
United States
Cortlandt Manor
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I keep debating listing my Zcide stuff (all season one, all season two). Threads like these are not helping me keep my games and promos . . .

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
Right, so... class, what have we learned today? (Aside from the fact that promo minis could pay for your dream holiday villa in Malaga)

Exactly! Microcosms of an economy are driven solely by those with OCD and deep pockets...

Now, I'm not slagging anyone off, believe me. I've been guilty many times of paying over the odds for an item that make me cringe in retrospect. All so I could have a 'complete' collection of something or other.

Nevertheless, it is going to take me a bit to wrap my head round this one...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bill Watterson
England
flag msg tools
mb
Guess a question would be "are you being outbid by an automatic bid or by a real life watcher. I can imagine someone REALLY wanting the figurine and being new to eBay and not able to spend more than a few mos on the internet, placing an obscenely high MAX bid which "obviously would never be reached cos only silly people would big THAT high". This person will soon come back to the computer and give out a big huh?! and cry as they realise they won't be eating for the next month.

Of course if it is a real lifer then, as you mentioned, they be one of those "gotta get'm all" completionists.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
My original promo survivor 'proxy' casting is underway. The mold will take another 12 or so hours to set. Then I'll cast my 'prototype'. PM me if you are interested in how it turned out.

That is all. Thank you for all your collective input. Thread closed.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J Ry
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
sigabrt666 wrote:
I couldn't resist. I got it up to 315 USD and again immediately outbid. This really is amazing to me. Zombicide promo minis could be a brilliant topic for an economics thesis... or even a study in marketing. This truly is brilliant stuff.

Ill be contacting you when I sell mine...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eddie the Cranky Gamer
Canada
Edmonton
Alberta
flag msg tools
badge
I'm pretty content with a proxy, from the set of minis i do have at hand, that vaguely matches the dominant colour of the associated promo character sheet.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Canning
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Stand By, Ready
badge
Wolkenritter
mbmbmbmbmb
apotheos wrote:
I'm pretty content with a proxy, from the set of minis i do have at hand, that vaguely matches the dominant colour of the associated promo character sheet.

I suspect one could also make reasonable proxies from the Wargames Foundry Apocalypse Survivor sets.

http://wargamesfactory.com/webstore/dark-futures/apocalypse-...
http://wargamesfactory.com/webstore/dark-futures/apocalypse-...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Board Game Butcher
United Kingdom
Cardiff
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
dahak wrote:

I suspect one could also make reasonable proxies from the Wargames Foundry Apocalypse Survivor sets.

I certainly think so...

Haven't got the female survivor box set yet, but it seems just as good.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
That whole Dark Futures range is pretty brilliant... I particularly like the Zombie Vixens just for the 'crawlers' those are GREAT minis.

And here we go again: I'll be interested to see what price Kyoko commands. Time to engage in my new favourite pastime!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Zombicide-Kyoko-/331082695763?pt=Gam...

Think I might bid 100 USD to get the ball rolling. However, I am starting to feel a bit guilty about intentionally driving these prices well past the point of insanity. Honestly, am I being a jerk by trolling these eBay auctions?

UPDATE: Now I have ~4 days and 3 hours to sweat it unless someone comes along and bids more than 101.00. whistle This really is rather amusing...

BTW I finished the 1st half of my 2 part mold of a 'proxy'... updates to follow.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathaniel Baker
United States
Circle Pines
MN
flag msg tools
badge
Hnaarr oorrawarr!
mbmbmbmbmb
Id be extremely curious to see those molds. Let me know!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonah Rees
Wales
Cardiff
South Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm extremely curious to find out how long it takes Guillotine Games/CMON (who frequent these forums) to slap a legal notice on sigabrt666.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
A legal notice? That would be rather extreme and heavy handed as well as completely unfounded. What precisely do you believe me doing that would warrant such a reaction?

Dust off your 'contract' and 'personal property' law and you'll see that I am engaging in nothing that would warrant such nonsense.

(And here is where I get 'banned', but it warrants saying)

However, I'll be certain to have news of all latest happenings on the matter sent directly to the bridge under which you reside. ;-)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathaniel Baker
United States
Circle Pines
MN
flag msg tools
badge
Hnaarr oorrawarr!
mbmbmbmbmb
jonahmaul wrote:
I'm extremely curious to find out how long it takes Guillotine Games/CMON (who frequent these forums) to slap a legal notice on sigabrt666.

If anything, it would only be illegal if he sold them.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Hill
United Kingdom
Cambridge
Cambridgeshire
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
:chair:
:beer:
:butter-popcorn:
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathaniel Baker
United States
Circle Pines
MN
flag msg tools
badge
Hnaarr oorrawarr!
mbmbmbmbmb
Scorpion0x17 wrote:
: chair :
: beer :
: popcorn :

Make it pretzels. With Dijon mustard and Chardonay.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.