Jack Neal
United States
Liverpool
New York
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmb
Very simple idea for solo architect. .. when pulling the second tile, roll 1d6 and round down to determine which tile to remove. A roll of 1 would pull the bottom $0.

Less two tile planning and more dealing with someone screwing you over after your turn.

Discuss.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Cheng
Taiwan
Taipei City
n/a
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
Raiderjakk wrote:
Very simple idea for solo architect. .. when pulling the second tile, roll 1d6 and round down to determine which tile to remove. A roll of 1 would pull the bottom $0.

Less two tile planning and more dealing with someone screwing you over after your turn.

Discuss.

Would you still have to pay the estate market price?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack Neal
United States
Liverpool
New York
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmb
Good question. I don't think you should if you are emulating another player's turn.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan R

Missouri
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
In the solo game, I feel like the purpose of having to pay the real estate market price for the second tile is to encourage you to take it from the cheaper end.

If player choice is removed from this step by using a die roll, it seems like a reasonable balance to also remove the cost you were paying to have the privilege of that choice, which in this case is the literal market cost.

In other words, I agree, you shouldn't have to pay it if you are rolling.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.