Subject: More than six players? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mark Schmit
United States
New York
New York
flag msg tools
Is it possible to play with more than six players? (Assuming I've printed out extra challenge cards and boards.) I'd like to try this with my regular poker group, but we sometimes have more than six show up and I'd prefer no one be left out.

From my calculations it seems like the most cards you could go through per player are:
2 (Breakfast)
+ 2 (Snacks)
+ 2 (from green/orange/purple abilities)
= 6

The center uses 5 cards, and Mari-Dori can add one for one player. So 61 cards - 6 = 55, 55 / 6 > 9, so it seems like you could *possibly* play with up to 9.

Does that seem reasonable? Would the game be significantly worse with so many people, since fewer sit out hands than in poker?

Thanks.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ori Avtalion
Israel
flag msg tools
There's a thread about this on the Fantasy Strike forums, but it doesn't contain much info on how this should work besides adding more boards and chips.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Schmit
United States
New York
New York
flag msg tools
That's exactly what I was looking for, thanks! Here's Sirlin's quote from that page:

Sirlin wrote:
You'd need enough chips and boards (even P&P ones are fine) for the extra players, but there are no rules that would prevent it. You certainly could play with 8. I just felt more confident about endorsing 6p as a good experience, and I'm less sure about 8. (I would still personally prefer it with 8 over poker though.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.