Popular Tags: [View All]
Rusty McFisticuffs
United States
Arcata
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
(Thanks again, Santa Grogs!)

I'm setting up PQ-6 to try to learn the game. Some of the Allied Scapa Flow units are marked as "[Green]"; in the index, "Green Units" refers to "Untrained Units," which refers to 15.4.3, and which A) is optional, and B) talks about "ships scheduled to appear as New Construction reinforcements [...] or ships listed as Emergency Green Units," neither of which seems to apply here.

I see in this thread that aircraft designations in brackets are for historical purposes & can be ignored (which is good--like people who posted in that thread, I was worried that I'd lost some counters), so is the [Green] business the same, or what?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Janiec
United States
(Teller County)
Colorado
flag msg tools
designer
mbmb
As noted, the use of Green units is optional. Per 15.4.3, their main impact is in the 1942 Campaign scenario. But their effect (reduced combat effectiveness and mandatory scuttling when DiW) applies in all scenarios, IF you choose to use the rule. I don't recommend using it when learning the game, and particularly not in the PQ-6 Scenario (where the Germans don't have much to work with, anyway).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rusty McFisticuffs
United States
Arcata
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
OK, it was not clear to me that "[Green]" meant 15.4.3's "ships listed as Emergency Green Units."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.