Sam Hillier
Canada
St. Albert
Alberta
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Do you only get two sets of here base cards? (I don't know the term - the other half of the combo moves that aren't character specific)

I'd like to be able to have two 1v1 matches going on at a time, because otherwise this game won't be able to make it to the table as most of our game nights have at least 4 people. And you would need base cards for everyone, right?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brandon M
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
“Games give you a chance to excel, and if you're playing in good company you don't even mind if you lose because you had the enjoyment of the company during the course of the game.” ― Gary Gygax
mbmbmbmbmb
I think there should be at least 4 since certain game modes are up to 4 players.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bradley Eng-Kohn
United States
Poughkeepsie
New York
flag msg tools
Lost Gamer
badge
I want to live here
mbmbmbmbmb
There are four of them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Valadez
United States
Villa Park
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
"RAWR!" means "I love you" in kaiju.
mbmbmbmbmb
And I think KS backer get alternate bases too, right?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sam Hillier
Canada
St. Albert
Alberta
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
bengkohn wrote:
There are four of them.

Thanks, that's great! That makes me much more likely to purchase since I can have 4 people playing at the same time. Granted, only one will get to use the fancy board, I guess, but that's easy to replicate.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Valadez
United States
Villa Park
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
"RAWR!" means "I love you" in kaiju.
mbmbmbmbmb
Remember, there's also 2 vs 2, 2 vs 1, 3 vs 1, and 1, 2, and 3 player co-op modes vs the dungeon.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alison Mandible
United States
Cambridge
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
sputang wrote:
And I think KS backer get alternate bases too, right?

There aren't any KS-specific bases. The box has two sets of "beta bases", which are comparable in power to the normal bases but work differently. So if you had two people who were comfortable enough with the game to use beta bases, you could actually have three duels at once.

Except I guess you'd be missing a stand for one character.

sputang wrote:
Remember, there's also 2 vs 2, 2 vs 1, 3 vs 1, and 1, 2, and 3 player co-op modes vs the dungeon.

And 4 vs 1, and a 4-player-coop dungeon.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
digi holic
United States
New Mexico
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Four default, two betas, two EX, and one Almighty.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.