Jebstone Boppman
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So I picked up a single core yesterday thinking it would be a nice cheap way to get into some mini action until I'm ready to expand it - the problem is I'm itching to expand it already!

I don't plan on playing competitively - just me and my brothers - so I'm treating it as a board game. We enjoyed playing the scenarios over the simple TDM format - and I'm curious if any of the expansions offer some more scenarios to play through? Like if I picked up another X-Wing and Tie-Fighter, aside from the new pilots would there be any scenario sheets or something? Or is it just what's in the main manual?

Thanks.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Pitts
United States
Aloha
OR
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The large ships (Falcon, Slave I and Lambda Shuttle) come with scenarios. There's also a bunch of fan made ones around the forums.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Woodworth
United States
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Jebstone wrote:
the problem is I'm itching to expand it already!

Welcome to the addiction.

As was said above, there aren't many scenarios out there. Each of the large ships come with one and there's a bunch on the net. But no other official ones.

As a way to perhaps kill 2 birds with one stone... sorta Here's what I'd recommend as expansions.

The YT-1200 and Firespray models. Both come with more scenarios, you can get both for about $40 online, and they give you a chance to expand your collection. Best part is, they are pretty even point and power wise so you could add them in with out too much problem.

Next after that I'd recommend is another core set. With that you have more dice, a set of templates and damage decks for both sides, and 3 more ships for much less then you'd pay for them else where.

You can get both the core set, YT-1200 and Firespray from Miniature Market for $67 bucks or so, before shipping. Not sure what your budget is, but if you could spend that much money, that would be the best bang for your buck.

Edit: Forgot... There is the a Rebel Transport coming out sometime early next year, that I think will contain the Cinematic Rules which should have a bunch of new scenarios. That will cost $40-60 depending on where you buy it. But it might be the only way you can get your hands on those rules.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jebstone Boppman
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
thanks for all the replies! I guess i'll be picking up the Slave 1 and Falcon earlier than expected.

I take it all the good fan made scenarios are in the variants section and at FFG's forums?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dennis Godballe
Denmark
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Jebstone wrote:
thanks for all the replies! I guess i'll be picking up the Slave 1 and Falcon earlier than expected.

I take it all the good fan made scenarios are in the variants section and at FFG's forums?

You can find a lot of good missions (as well as a lot of other cool stuff) here: http://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/938057/collection-of-use...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brandon Porter
United States
New Bern
North Carolina
flag msg tools
There are also a few scenarios located in the "Files" section that people have done up with artwork.

http://boardgamegeek.com/files/thing/103885

The Hoth scenario looks intriguing and adds some elements we'll most definitely never see released officially, i.e. ground vehicles.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.