Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Matthew Taylor
United States
Jacksonville
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

A friend who is moving recently gave me a copy of this game since he didn't want to take it with him to his new house. I was stoked since it had been on my wish list.

Small problem though: it had been mined for minis. It looks like about 26 pieces are missing. 2 silver elementals, 12 monsters from all colors (all but 1 black), 10 fighters all colors (6 yellow gone), and 2 Wizards silver and red.

Looking for suggestion about what I should do. Are enough pieces missing to make it unplayable? Should I only play with factions? Is there anywhere I can get replacements reasonably?

Thanks in advance

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Ramsey
Canada
North Delta
British Columbia
flag msg tools
badge
Screws fall out all the time. The world is an imperfect place.
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, that's going to be a problem. I would suggest either making tokens to represent the missing pieces, or find some kind of suitable substitution pieces. Maybe you could mold your own replacements with fimo? I always thought it might be fun to try doing that...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Taylor
United States
Jacksonville
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I was afraid of that. I raided my old Star Wars and LotR Risk sets for replacements.

The silver was the hardest. The other 3 colors matched up pretty nicely, but the silver set was off in color and shape.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erik Burigo
Italy
Belluno
flag msg tools
designer
badge
“Don't try the paranormal until you know what's normal.” - Granny Weatherwax
mbmbmbmbmb
Wow! Stormtrooper Elementals! That's really cool.
Nerath Empire Strikes Back!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Blake
Spain
Barcelona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My copy came with a card missing. I wrote to Wizards of the coast and, as far as I know, I must submit the whole game to them to get that card replaced.

Is it not easier just to send that card to me? wow

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Robert Blake wrote:
My copy came with a card missing. I wrote to Wizards of the coast and, as far as I know, I must submit the whole game to them to get that card replaced.

Is it not easier just to send that card to me? wow

I'm surprised they didn't just do that. Maybe they have had a lot of missing stuff requests they are losing money or more likely, they are low on stock and prefer not to have to open another box just to send out 1 card.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.