Subject: Request for a Not-Mass Effect Variant rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Pete aka The Masked Minstrel
Australia
Perth
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Lets be honest here, the first thing that came to mind with Galaxy Defenders as a Co-op sci fi game was Mass Effect (sure most people would say X-Com but I missed that time in my life unfortunately)
Also the GD developers/publishers are active on BGG so a nice place to bring to their attention.

I would LOVE and possible kill for a Mass Effect theme and style additions to Galaxy Defenders.

Things like:
- How about an Alien-ally Agents expansion with different races featuring for each class, aka A not-Krogan Tank (Wrex), Not-Quarian Technician (Tali), Not-Drell Infiltrator (Thane), Not-Turian Sniper (Garrus), Human Commander (Shepard) etc

- New threat in the form of Traitor human faction, Not-Cerberus, complete with Troopers, Engineers, Snipers(Nemesis), Infiltrators(Phantoms), Tanks(Centurions), and mechs

- Another aspect of Alien threat, Necromorphic sciences fusing flesh (human or alien) with technology - Not-Reapers

- Just more toys in general

Fluff-wise it could be a set of future events after the initial alien invasion where humanity takes the fight back to the aliens discovers subdivisions within them and garners new technology and new allegiances but new enemies.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dustin
United States
Kentucky
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Last year a great xcom game came out, you should check it out
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryce K. Nielsen
United States
Elk Ridge
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The topic made me think you wanted something other than a Mass Effect variant, but reading your post, it sounds like you /want/ a Mass Effect variant. Which is it?

I'll be honest, the Aliens vs Predator figures is what made me pick up this game...

-shnar

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Neil Christiansen
United States
Mount Pleasant
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
OOK! OOK! OOK!
mbmbmbmbmb
I am a KS backer and I understood pretty much none of the above and could care less about video/computer games as to bother to Google any of it. devil

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Australia
Perth
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The Not-Predators, Not-aliens and co from the Kickstarter are just extra shininess to a very promising product.

The developers of GD did state Mass Effect as inspiration to their game, in particular about a comment awhile ago involving the technician agent.

Ultimately though I want Mass Effect miniatures but if they have a game attached all the better, even if they aren't official.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joke Meister
Hong Kong
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
chris1nd wrote:
I am a KS backer and I understood pretty much none of the above and could care less about video/computer games as to bother to Google any of it. devil

Pity. The Mass Effect games, despite some mis-steps by BioWare, are some of the best action RPGs that I've ever played.

@OP - pretty sure some enterprising soul on BGG will come up with variant rules if GD gets popular.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Neil Christiansen
United States
Mount Pleasant
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
OOK! OOK! OOK!
mbmbmbmbmb
See, there is the thing. I play board games.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simone Romano
Italy
Rome
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I really love the Mass Effect saga, and it was important during the concept phase of GD.

An "official" Mass effect theme will be really difficult to obtain, but... for the next year, you will see something you probably will love, because the overall look will be much more futuristic and "outside of Earth" based...
STAY TUNED cool
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Australia
Perth
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Simone Romano wrote:
I really love the Mass Effect saga, and it was important during the concept phase of GD.

An "official" Mass effect theme will be really difficult to obtain, but... for the next year, you will see something you probably will love, because the overall look will be much more futuristic and "outside of Earth" based...
STAY TUNED cool

Agent Iridium standing by!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hero Guy
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
..this feels like we've got the proverbial cart in front.

I have yet to play this game, though I'm extremely excited about it. But I'm not going to let myself get too hyped about it as I have done that in the past and felt disappointed at games even though they were actually really solid/fun.

Buuuut...if we're going to talk about dreams/desires for this game... I'd really love to see some large tank-y monsters. I was reminded of the terrorist missions in X-Com where aliens would bring along larger aliens that always required concentrated fire to take down.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carlos Alves
Portugal
Setubal
Setubal
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Simone Romano wrote:

STAY TUNED cool

You bet that i will stay tuned for the next campaign of GD.
I hope that it will take the GD to another level!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Australia
Perth
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hero_guy wrote:

Buuuut...if we're going to talk about dreams/desires for this game... I'd really love to see some large tank-y monsters. I was reminded of the terrorist missions in X-Com where aliens would bring along larger aliens that always required concentrated fire to take down.

Seconded!

SeerMagic wrote:
Last year a great xcom game came out, you should check it out

Which one is this? (X-Com Enemy Unknown on consoles, or something else?)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryce K. Nielsen
United States
Elk Ridge
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
X-COM: Enemy Unknown. It's a really good game, turn based and plays a lot like a board game (squares that the 'figures' run across, you get two actions per unit per turn, move + attack, and there's even a good cover system). It reminds me a lot of Level 7 [Omega Protocol], from the actions all the way down to the theme.

Galaxy Defenders might be similar X-COM: Enemy Unknown, but I won't know until I get it and play it

-shnar
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Felipe Machado
Brazil
Florianópolis
Santa Catarina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Simone Romano wrote:

STAY TUNED cool

You, sir, got my attention!
Can't wait to hear more...

Actually, can't wait to play the game! LOL
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.