Pablo Schulman
Brazil
Belo Horizonte
Minas Gerais
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Is this game available already on game crafter?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Groll
Germany
Marburg
Hessen
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello Pablo,
no, the game is not yet available.
Here is why:
I created my first prototype and got my copy here with me. I already run a first series of playtests which resulted in a few minor changes of some card texts.
However, my original plan of releasing this game in 2013 have to be changed because I needed to work on two other game designs which I am in contact with a publisher for. The playtesting for these two games consumed all my designing time during the last months.
My plan is to send both games to the publisher before 2013 ends, which means that I can focus again on Alchemy Dice early in 2014.

A second reason for my reluctance to release it is the graphic design. Right now the artwork and the design are functional, but by no means awesome. One part of me would like to give the game a professional visual overhaul before releasing it into the wild, but this would most likely mean to approach a traditional publisher (and then the game would not see the light of day next year).

If you are intersted in the game and do not shy away from print & play versions, I think I could prepare a file with all the cards (your wuld need to provide the dice and resource tokens) early next year...

Does that answer your question?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pablo Schulman
Brazil
Belo Horizonte
Minas Gerais
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes it does.

I think I'd like a P&P version, and I can even provide some feedback if you are interested. It would be best if you could make it more ink-friendly, but it's up to you of course.

Best of luck with your other designs, and looking forward to play the game!

Pablo

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Groll
Germany
Marburg
Hessen
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Allright, PnP it is then.
And yes, I think it would be good to create a version that is printer friendly.

I can't make any promises, but somewhen in february sounds realistic right now.

And yes, getting more feedback is always great.
Thanks already.

Enjoy the holiday season and all the best,
Michael

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Groll
Germany
Marburg
Hessen
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
The print and play file for Alchemy Dice has just gone live here on BGG.
It contains all the cards (and on separate pages the cardbacks) so that you will need to provide dice and resource markers in order to play the game.

There are a two issues with the print and play version in its current form:
- it is full color and thus not too printer friendly. Maybe I will create a more printer friendly version somewhen in the future, but for now this will be the only printable version of the game.
- the cards are not suited for color blind gamers. The game uses green, blue and red circles to differentiate the kinds of resources and I can imagine that this will cause serious prolems with color blindness. However right now I cannot invest the time to redo all the cards. If a publisher will pick this game up (when it is refined enough to approach a publisher with it), a proper graphic design will take care of this issue (and hopefully also add some nice illustrations to the cards to give it a bit more flair).

If you (anybody) gives this game a shot, please let me know what you think. Getting feedback from as many gamers as possible is crucial for finetuning the game and for making it as much fun as possible.

Thank you a lot and have much fun gaming,
Michael

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hans Broersen
Canada
Ottawa
ON
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just discovered this game. Any progress? Or is this dead in the water?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Groll
Germany
Marburg
Hessen
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi and thanks for your interest.
Well, it is not dead in the water, but it is on hold for a bit. The problem is not the game - though by now there are many more dice allocation worker placement games on the market than there were when I started working on this game.
The problem I have right now is with the graphic design/artwork.

I can order the game via the gamecrafter (and I could send you a copy if you would like to buy it), but the full retail price is 44.99USD (or 17.99USD if you want to have just the cards and can provide your own dice and tokens). I personally expect a game with very good production value if I part with 45 bucks for a single game - and that includes very nice artwork and graphical design.
So far I have done all the work by myself and though I know how to use Photoshop, the results for Alchemy Dice are less than ideal - at least for my standards. So, instead of offering a game for premium currency that might mot feel premium in all regards, I am not releasing it into the wild right now.

If I had the money I could get a professional graphic designer.
If I had the time I could do some improvements myself.
But next to a dayjob and a family I am working on a few other games which make it harder to go back to this game.

So, until then, you might want to check out the print and play which will cost you not a small fortune

Thanks again and happy gaming,
Michael

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hans Broersen
Canada
Ottawa
ON
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Happy to hear you are still working on designing games.
Having a family always makes it more difficult.
I am too old to have a young family.

I am a bit confused about the PnP. The rules say 40 Alchemy Cards. 3 decks in 5 colors (12 starters, 15 A-cards and 13 B-cards).

What distribution is that exactly?

I can see the 3 decks but where do the 5 colors fit?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hans Broersen
Canada
Ottawa
ON
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've got it. Starting the print. Seems to be a very interesting game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Groll
Germany
Marburg
Hessen
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Hans,
sorry for the delay. I have been out of town for a couple of days (conference in Spain, good talks, nice weather ).
Let me know if you need anything else or if you have any feedback.

Happy gaming,
Michael

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Groll
Germany
Marburg
Hessen
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
While Alchemy Dice is taking a break, another game has just gone live on the Gamecrafter:
Operation: Dandelion
Check it out if you like cooperative family boad games.
I am currently working on a small expansion which will introduce player powers and more challenging cards and will make this game more gamerly.
It is by far my prettiest game so far and I have spent the last 16 months or so designing it, creating all the art assessts and playtesting the heck out of it.

Cheers,
Michael

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.