Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
John Wray
United States
Unspecified
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Is this game coming out at my local FLGS or do I have to order via online from GMT?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Parker
Australia
Unspecified
flag msg tools
Great game design makes the complex simple, replayability maximum, and abstraction credible.
badge
It’s not how well you roll that counts but how well the dice suit the game.
mbmbmbmbmb
My FLGS is awaiting deliveries. It also stocked Beda Fomm for over a year so I expect The Hunters to be a great retail seller for it too.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim P
United States
Sterling Heights
Michigan
flag msg tools
Glück muss man haben
badge
But what I do have are a very particular set of skills, skills I have acquired over a very long career. Skills that make me a nightmare for people like you… And I will beat you.
mbmbmbmbmb
John,

I have a local FLGS here in Michigan that carries GMT games. I have also seen a gaming store in Knoxville Tennessee that carries GMT games. So I would think if you have a store near you that has GMT product they would be able to get the Hunter. I would ask them to look into picking it up. With the internet, local stores around here don't carry as big of a range of product as they did in the past due to have trouble knowing what will sell in store vs the web. BUT they are very willing to order ANYTHING they can for their costumers! I will always check if my local stores can get it, then look to in country mail order, before going to the internet for an item.

I bet your FLGS would be able to acquire a copy for you as I have seen talk about the game shipping to pre-orders first then to the retailers.

Good luck and Happy Hunting!

Jim P cool
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
killy9999
Scotland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
JackhammerJohn wrote:
Is this game coming out at my local FLGS?
Why not ask your FLGS?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Todd R
United States
Madison
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jasta6 wrote:
John,

I have a local FLGS here in Michigan that carries GMT games. I have also seen a gaming store in Knoxville Tennessee that carries GMT games. So I would think if you have a store near you that has GMT product they would be able to get the Hunter. I would ask them to look into picking it up. With the internet, local stores around here don't carry as big of a range of product as they did in the past due to have trouble knowing what will sell in store vs the web. BUT they are very willing to order ANYTHING they can for their costumers! I will always check if my local stores can get it, then look to in country mail order, before going to the internet for an item.

I bet your FLGS would be able to acquire a copy for you as I have seen talk about the game shipping to pre-orders first then to the retailers.

Good luck and Happy Hunting!

Jim P cool

Hi Jim,

Just curious, which FLGS in Michigan carries GMT games?

Thanks,

Todd
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Kranz
United States
Plano
Texas
flag msg tools
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, part of the beauty/luxury of having GMT Games handle distribution is that the game should land in everyone's FLGS that carries their line of games.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim P
United States
Sterling Heights
Michigan
flag msg tools
Glück muss man haben
badge
But what I do have are a very particular set of skills, skills I have acquired over a very long career. Skills that make me a nightmare for people like you… And I will beat you.
mbmbmbmbmb
Todd, I believe it was Guild of Blades on John R south of 12the mile. I can check for you as I need to stop there this week.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim P
United States
Sterling Heights
Michigan
flag msg tools
Glück muss man haben
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
jasta6 wrote:
Todd, I believe it was Guild of Blades on John R south of 12the mile. I can check for you as I need to stop there this week.

Todd,

I stopped by GoB today, on the way home from work, and they do have GMT games in stock. Ryan the owner said he carries the new titles thought he only makes orders when he has to restock. So, it may be a bit before he would have The Hunter in. Guild of Blades is located on John R just south of 12 mile. The store is on the East side less that a 1/4 down.

There web page is; http://www.guildofblades.com/gobstore-madisonheights-mi.php

Hope this helps!
Jim P
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Wray
United States
Unspecified
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
killy9999 wrote:
JackhammerJohn wrote:
Is this game coming out at my local FLGS?
Why not ask your FLGS?

I will. I was a tad confused when I first discovered this game. At first it looked liked a print and play game, especially with all the downloads and game reviews (previews). Then I heard about the P500 orders and thought it was a direct order like Kickstater.

Nice to hear it will be available in at my FLGS.

What is the suggested retail price?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Kranz
United States
Plano
Texas
flag msg tools
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
JackhammerJohn wrote:

Sorry for the confusion. The boardgame retails for $40. More info here:

http://www.gmtgames.com/p-374-the-hunters.aspx
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Wray
United States
Unspecified
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
consimworld wrote:
JackhammerJohn wrote:

Sorry for the confusion. The boardgame retails for $40. More info here:

http://www.gmtgames.com/p-374-the-hunters.aspx

No problem! Great price! I just posted in the www.subsim.com forums about this great game! Calling my FLGS now to reserve my copy.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Kranz
United States
Plano
Texas
flag msg tools
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks very much, John, for spreading the word!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Chandler
United States
Knoxville
Tennessee
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
wolverinetoddy wrote:
jasta6 wrote:

I have also seen a gaming store in Knoxville Tennessee that carries GMT games.

Hi Jim,

Thanks,

Todd

Hi Jim,

The natural follow-up question, of course, is which store in Knoxville you're thinking of. Finding a FLGS here would be a life-changing experience.

Thanks!
Chris
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim P
United States
Sterling Heights
Michigan
flag msg tools
Glück muss man haben
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Chandlerccc wrote:
wolverinetoddy wrote:
jasta6 wrote:

I have also seen a gaming store in Knoxville Tennessee that carries GMT games.

Hi Jim,

Thanks,

Todd

Hi Jim,

The natural follow-up question, of course, is which store in Knoxville you're thinking of. Finding a FLGS here would be a life-changing experience.

Thanks!
Chris

I'll have to contact my sister-in-law as I have no clue where the mall is. That was a few years back and not too far from their home. Give me a few days...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Carter
United States
Marion
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My FLGS doesn't actively stock GMT games, but I can special order them there and have them in a week. I still get my in store 30% discount and I don't have to pay shipping.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Kranz
United States
Plano
Texas
flag msg tools
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
That's a real nice deal, Michael. We are spoiled here in North Dallas area with a huge storefront that stocks wargames, among a kazillion other things.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.