Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
David Rosenberg
Germany
Frankfurt am Main
Hessen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I was wondering, how 'Stringer' (Level 1 ability of the Megacorp) exactly works. It reads

"Gain 1 data after you resupply at any HQ."

When I read this ability the first time I understood: "From now on, every time you visit a resupply zone of any HQ, gain 1 data".

Then I found the red box on page 13 of the rules, which says:

"NOTE: Visiting the Megacorp HQ for the first time will trigger the Stringer effect and result in the Freelancer gainig a data."

Now I have 2 questions:

- Why is the effect only triggerd when visiting the Megacorp HQ? I thought any HQ resupply zone would trigger it?
- Why is the effect only triggered the first time I enter a HQ zone? I thought I would be able to use this effect for the rest of the game, everytime I'm going to visit a HQ. Or is it meant to be a one-time action?

I am just not sure if the NOTE-statement in the red box is meant as an example or as an explanation, how 'Stringer' works.

If someone could give me a hint how to play this right, I would really appreciate it.

Thanks in advance,
David
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Travis R. Chance
United States
Fishers
Indiana
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi,

It works every time you go to a HQ. The instance you mentioned in the red box is because it works the very first time you go to the Megacorp HQ and gain rep, as you would gain rep, then check for abilities. So going to the HQ is always better than just getting 1 data at sector 5, hence why we pointed it out in the rules.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Gerrits
Belgium
Leuven
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The note just means you get the Stringer benefit already during the action when you become stringer (if you did so by visiting Megacorp HQ).

Of course you will keep getting the benefit during the rest of the game while visiting any HQ.

Edit: ninja
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Rosenberg
Germany
Frankfurt am Main
Hessen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Wow, that was a quick response! Thanks a lot for you answer, I got this rule now.

I really appreciate your help, as we want to play the game for the first time tonight. Looking forward to it!

Edit: Thanks to you as well, Mark. Appreciate it!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Travis R. Chance
United States
Fishers
Indiana
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Not a problem! Hope you enjoy the game

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.