Popular Tags: [View All]
Russ Hawthorne
United Kingdom
Colchester
England
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Hi guys,

I have a question I hope someone can help me with (new to game)

My survivors are next to a zone with two beserker walkers one beserker fatty and two regular runners.

Am I right in thinking if I don't wish to attack them in melee combat my only option will be to fall back and allow the runners to overtake the beserkers?

Heres how I understand it, I want to target the runners but because the beserker walkers cant be kill with ranged weapons and the beserker fatty cant be killed with ranged weapons and is targeted after the walkers and I dont have a sniper rifle, I cant kill the runners because of the priority table rules ie I cant hit the runners because there are still walkers in the zone?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Redford
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You have it all correct.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rick S
United States
Cincinnati
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
DoomTurtle wrote:
You have it all correct.

Yes!zombie
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Russ Hawthorne
United Kingdom
Colchester
England
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Thanks!zombiezombiezombiezombiezombiezombiezombiezombiezombiezombiezombiezombiezombiezombiezombiezombiezombiezombiezombiezombiezombiezombiezombiezombiezombiezombiezombiezombiezombiezombiezombiezombiezombiezombiezombiezombiezombiezombiezombiezombiezombiezombiezombiezombiezombiezombiezombiezombiezombiezombiezombiezombiezombiezombiezombiezombiezombie

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Canning
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Stand By, Ready
badge
Wolkenritter
mbmbmbmbmb
Technically there are a couple of other things you might be able to do.

Sniper skill works instead of the Sniper rifle.

Molotovs and Flamethrowers kill berserkers despite being ranged. As does any future destroy all in an area weapon [The LAW possibly?]

Dogs can be sent in to attack. If they kill the berserkers since they are low profile you could kill the runners with shooting afterward. Or with sufficient actions they could move in, attack and then move out using slippery. You may of course count that as melee along with driving them over with a Car.

A Survivor with Taunt that was sufficiently far [3 areas if they don't want to be in melee] could taunt the group. The Berserkers would move 1 area toward the Taunter and the Runners 2 areas separating them.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Challis
United Kingdom
Hungerford
West Berkshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
dahak wrote:

A Survivor with Taunt that was sufficiently far [3 areas if they don't want to be in melee] could taunt the group. The Berserkers would move 1 area toward the Taunter and the Runners 2 areas separating them.

I think the runners only move 1 space - Taunt gives a single activation. Runners don't move 2, they have two activations of 1 each.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jorgen Peddersen
Australia
Sydney
New South Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Kelanen wrote:
I think the runners only move 1 space - Taunt gives a single activation. Runners don't move 2, they have two activations of 1 each.

Hmm, so I guess you'd also say that cards that give all Runners an additional activation would only result in one activation as well? I hadn't thought of stuff working that way. Time to check the rules!

Edit: And having checked the rules, your idea is incorrect. The rules are clear that Runners get two Actions per Activation. They take the second Action after the other Zombies, but it is not a second Activation. Anything that activates Runners will cause them to do two Actions, including Taunt.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Challis
United Kingdom
Hungerford
West Berkshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Interesting, yes I would have said that regarding the card activations also - we played it wrong last week then.

I stand corrected!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Russ Hawthorne
United Kingdom
Colchester
England
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Once again thanks all for your input and possible extra options.

Although, I'm okay with the general understanding of lots of different ways I could approach the situation and that having only just started playing there are lots of different skills and possibilities that I don't yet know about.

My real interest was making sure that I was approaching the rules correctly which I always like to get right as much as possible.

Reassuringly I was doing it right and also the new point raised about extra activations with runners etc I was also getting right which I'm pleased about also.

I love the GEEK people are always so helpful and friendly on here no matter how stupid my questions!

Nice to see some fellow Brits chip in with the help!!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.