Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Charles C Kovacs Jr
United States
Carteret
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I was really excited to get to try this game out early, I knew it would definitely be an interesting take on the 4x style. I played it a few different times with various numbers of players to get a better overall feeling for it.

Rules:
The rules are easy to understand, simple, and straightforward. There are a couple wording choices I would make differently for the final product just to prevent a small confusion I wound up having, but I was able to quickly figure out what I was doing wrong so in the end it was all good. The nice thing about the game rules is that they are pretty much laid out in simple notation on the game pieces.

Setup:
Setup of the game takes less than a minute, it's a really nice feature that the game can have the amount of depth that it does and still be made of simple components.

Interaction:
The interaction in this game puts a unique perspective on wars and alliances. Players can share a space and both get the benefits and protect each other or simply take over each other's territories. A turtling strategy is also a viable one as I have been able to win by that method as well.

Strategy:
The game is almost pure strategy, there can be a little bit of negotiation and bluffing involved when it comes to wars and alliances, but it has a nice balance of such. The nice thing about the game too is that when you do find yourself in that situation where you can't do what you REALLY need to do, that can typically only last for a round or two and everyone is bound to get in that situation just as much as you do, no matter what number of players there are.

Overall:
It's a fun, simple game that I carry around in my pocket now and am always willing to bust it out for up to a half hour of fun or killing time.

I definitely recommend picking this up.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Coe
United States
Arizona
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
www.GamelynGames.com
badge
www.GamelynGames.com
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey Charles, thank you so much for taking the time to write this review. I'm really glad to hear you liked it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.