Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Marcel Heymuth
Germany
Harmstorf
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey all,

I run on a server, the Corp rezzes a tollbooth.
I do not have the 3 credits, so the run ends.
BUT: Do I have the possibility to destroy
the tollbooth using a clone chipped parasite + datasucker tokens (and still end the run) or does the run end without me having any chance to interact?

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Silver
United States
Lino Lakes
Minnesota
flag msg tools
C'mon You Loons!
badge
United FC! -----------The Team for Me! ---- Minnesota! ----------- L-O-V-E! -------------
mbmbmbmbmb
If the Booth isn't rezzed, the Runner has a chance to use paid abilities immediately after the Corp rezzes it at Step 2.3. Pop off the combo, then Tollbooth is never encounted, and the run isn't ended.

Edit: Or not. Apprently I haven't read Datasucker in a while.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Norman
msg tools
If you can't pay the toll the run ends before you can use datasuckers on it. It is a triggered ability which resolves before you have a paid ability window.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel D
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The first opportunity Datasucker has to use it's paid ability is at step 3.1 (after step 3 where "when encountered" triggers happen). All earlier paid ability windows happen prior to the ICE being encountered so the Datasucker would not be able to use it's ability.

Datasucker wrote:
Rezzed piece of ice currently being encountered has -1 strength until the end of the encounter
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.