Popular Tags: [View All]
Dan King (The Game Boy Geek)
United States
Gilbert
Arizona
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
One of the things that turned me onto this game was negotiation, but in the rules I don't see it emphases when to negotiate and what you can or can't negotiate for. I'd like for Elad (the designer) to elaborate on what his intentions were for designing in negotiation and at what point(s) and how it's best done and within what framework.

I want to understand this before we get it to the table on Friday night. I made the mistake of not understanding this when first playing Nothing Personal. It went bad, but then after I understood the designers intention for the negotiation it became my favorite game ever so I want to see how this is supposed to work.

Thanks
Dan
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Elad Goldsteen
Israel
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Dan,

In this game the only really asset you have is your vote (a delegate).

So, starting with the City Committees phase, everything is up for negotiation (The EC player can "sell" his power to move you to a committee you desire and in return you will vote for his future plan).

While planning in the council meeting phase, you will use your political power to sway plans and negotiate for deals with fellow councilmen so you will build/re-locate/sell your designated buildings.

Even in the Production phase you can negotiate and "sell" your turn activation for future favor in the next turn.

It is a unique design, you must interact and negotiate (like a true politician) in order to score points.

Hope you would have fun playing my game.

Elad
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan King (The Game Boy Geek)
United States
Gilbert
Arizona
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks Elad I'll print this out and put it with the rules!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michiel Hillenius
Netherlands
Hoogland (Amersfoort)
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, I agree with Dan to a large extent. I have also raised my eyebrows to see the game being labeled as negotiation. Sure, the game invites for all sorts of table talk and discussions, but in the end it is just voting and majority rules. You can, but you don't have to negotiate.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James To My Friends
Netherlands
Eindhoven
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Michiel wrote:
Well, I agree with Dan to a large extent. I have also raised my eyebrows to see the game being labeled as negotiation. Sure, the game invites for all sorts of table talk and discussions, but in the end it is just voting and majority rules. You can, but you don't have to negotiate.

Michiel, I really want to play this. Are you going to Utrecht this Saturday and are willing to play again?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.