Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Froggy McFrogface
United States
FORT COLLINS
CO
flag msg tools
badge
When green is all there is to be, it could make you wonder why. But why wonder? I'm green, and it'll do fine: it's beautiful, and I think it's what I want to be.
mbmbmbmbmb
An admittedly cursory scan of the forums didn't yield this thread: are replacement cards available? Mine are beginning to show wear. Also, this is the one component I would love to see upgraded!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Riku Riekkinen
Finland
Jyväskylä
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
At least at WBC (Lancaster PA beginning of August) they are and used to cost 5$. I try to buy a new one alwats, if available so I could see the latest card prints & have a new deck (though they haven't changed for a while). Anyway there are replacement decks. I suggest you contact GMT. If I lived in US I could send you deck, but too lazy to do it from here
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Oliver Paul
Iceland
Reykjavik
None
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I got replacement decks from GMT a year or so ago, since my early war cards were very scuffed, especially considering the late war cards looked new. Ended up getting replacement decks and sleeving the new cards. Worked like a charm.

Costs a bit, but not terribly much.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Froggy McFrogface
United States
FORT COLLINS
CO
flag msg tools
badge
When green is all there is to be, it could make you wonder why. But why wonder? I'm green, and it'll do fine: it's beautiful, and I think it's what I want to be.
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm not much of a sleever, but I might need to consider it for this game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Karl Hiesterman
United States
Aurora
Colorado
flag msg tools
designer
I wish to kill you, be at rest as to that, but to kill you quietly in a snug, remote place, where you will not be able to boast of your death to anybody
badge
Caught trouser-free in open country...
mbmbmbmbmb
LennyS wrote:
I'm not much of a sleever, but I might need to consider it for this game.

I never was a sleever but I did for this game, if for nothing else than because of the different wear factors between the three decks (Early War cards always get more play than Late War)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Froggy McFrogface
United States
FORT COLLINS
CO
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
What is the proper sleeve size for these cards?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Feather
Japan
Washington
Dist of Columbia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
LennyS wrote:
An admittedly cursory scan of the forums didn't yield this thread: are replacement cards available? Mine are beginning to show wear. Also, this is the one component I would love to see upgraded!

GMT quoted me $16 plus shipping for replacement cards a few months back.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Froggy McFrogface
United States
FORT COLLINS
CO
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
rlux202 wrote:
LennyS wrote:

GMT quoted me $16 plus shipping for replacement cards a few months back.

No, no - it's spelled Luxuryacht, but it's pronounced Throatwobblermangrove.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Oliver Paul
Iceland
Reykjavik
None
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
LennyS wrote:
What is the proper sleeve size for these cards?

I used the FFG Standard Card Game sleeves which fits cards which are 2 1/2" x 3 1/2" (63.5 x 88 MM).

http://store.fantasyflightgames.com/productdetails.cfm?sku=F...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris District
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
(Note: there are already loads of threads about card sleeves in general, and also specific to TS, that are worth spending a few minutes reading if you intend to sleeve these.)

I originally got the FFG sleeves, and they are just a hair (maybe literally) too big for these cards. They are also pretty thick.

The result, since there are so many cards in the deck in mid-war, is that the deck has a tendency to flop over--the cards just slide off each other and spill onto the table.

I recommend instead that you go with Mayday Games standard sleeves. They fit the cards well, and are nice and thin (my FLGS owner refers to them as "card condoms"). A few posters here have noted that they have a tendency to break/come apart. However, TS isn't a game like MTG where you are constantly shuffling the cards, so this shouldn't be much of an issue. Also, since the sleeves come in packs of 50, you'll have loads left over to tuck in the box in case of breakages.

My .02.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve M
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Definitely from GMT - I wore out my deck after 30 plays or so. Holding those cards for 7 action rounds gets pretty intense, early war cards took a beating. I sleeved them and bought an extra counter sheet while I was at it. Love having those extra 5-8 counters.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.