Winston-Salem
North Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Interesting idea!

hahaworld wrote:
4. Roll two more dice for coordinates and check the result. If the coordinates land the Critter on an empty garden space, you're safe. If the coordinates land the Bird on a seed (either player), the Bird eats it. If the coordinates land the Rabbit on a veggie (either player), the Rabbit eats it.
How would you decide between the two possible coordinate pairs? Roll the dice individually, one for row and then one for column? Or would you suggest another way of determining where the critter lands?

Wonder if you could use two tiles and have both a bird and rabbit at the same time...

Thanks for your idea!

Doug
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Doug Bass
United States
Winston-Salem
North Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
hahaworld wrote:
On a personal note, I am a composer, and I would love for you to hear some of my music if you have time. I have two recent CD releases that I'd be happy to send your way.
PM sent.

hahaworld wrote:
Thanks again for your thoughtful reply, and good continued luck and fortune with Garden Dice. It's a beautiful game.
Thanks! modest

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Z. Martin
United States
Moscow
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
We just received this game from Santa and played for the first time tonight. (Side note: Within minutes a red disc rolled off the table and was immediately gobbled up by my dog. I have an email in to Meridae games in hopes to purchase a set of red discs.) Anyway, after reading your house rule, it reminds me of the tension we experience when rolling for fire while playing Flashpoint. I think we may give it a try.

Game is fun and thematic. Components are excellent.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Manfred Keller
Germany
67734 Sulzbachtal
Rheinland-Pfalz
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Nice idea John. We had the same problems with the jobless rabbit and bird.
To practise your idea I made a special Rabbit-Bird-dice with pictures on it.
[ImageID=http://cf.geekdo-images.com/images/pic1891257_md.jpg]
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls