Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jonah Rees
Wales
Cardiff
South Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Let me start off my saying that I love most of the update. The miniatures are looking fantastic, as are the cards, and the value we are getting is still great. However, for the first time MERCS have disappointed me. Due to the delay in production of some items (understandable) they are not going to have everything together. But if you are a US backer you will get some of the stuff (including the base game) in February then a second shipment with the stretch goals. If you ar a non-US backer however you have to wait until April and get everything in one go. This means a fair number of backers will have the base game a good few months before many of us. I understand that having two shipments is expensive, especially when they are international, but this situation seems a bit unfair on those who are 'unfortunate' enough to not live in the US. I'm not really sure there's any answer to this but interested in others thoughts on this.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Reil
United States
Barre
Vermont
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, I feel you. I am a US backer so I'm happy I'm getting something in February, but I definitely feel bad for those who have to wait until April to see anything.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Raphael Pigulla
Germany
Feldkirchen
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I am very disappointed, too. As far as international backers go, we've gone from "stuff will ship early" to "sorry, it will be April" (which we all know will most likely become May anyway). That just sucks.

On the other hand, I do support MERCS' decision to value quality over speed, and waiting a few more weeks trumps having to pay customs (at least for me). Add to that the way they have handled the entire campaign and their superb information policy with everything that is going on.

Long story short: Yes, it sucks hugely. But MERCS has done so many things right that I am more than willing to cut them some slack on the delay. After all, Shadow of Nerekhall is scheduled for January to keep me busy ;-)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ingo Griebsch
Germany
Bochum
North Rhine-Westphalia
flag msg tools
Coding Architect | Husband and father | Boardgame addict | Loves Clutch as well as Tricky
badge
Coding Architect | Husband and father | Boardgame addict | Loves Clutch as well as Tricky
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
Any non-US backers disappointed?

Nope!

Until today it seems that they are doing a really good job and so I trust them and can wait until the product is ready and shipped to me.

Additionally I have enough games on my shelf behind me to play in the meantime...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alain Marti
Switzerland
Riedholz
Solothurn
flag msg tools
Super Trooper, I said!
badge
Waaagh
mbmbmbmbmb
I am VERY disappointed right now.

It seemed to me the not shipping early was only due to tax reasons. Now the new update puts a whole new dimension to the delay.

Even more I am VERY disappointed about the let down for international customers.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Smith
United Kingdom
Solihull
West Midlands
flag msg tools
http://www.youtube.com/user/SmoothCJS
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I think a better question is:

"Any non-US backers not disapointed?"

But that's besides the point. I think it's a bit frustrating as to be honest, it seems a total waste of money to send out 2 shipments for only some backers (Creating a divide) instead of combining them all. Perhaps the cost of storing them all for those extra 2 months makes it not worth it, but I have no way to know.

On the other hand I'm really excited for the game anyway, and I don't expect kickstarter projects to arrive at the estimated delivery date, with up to 6 months being fairly reasonable. It's a shame with some really cool ones likes this where I'd convinced myself it would be on time (As a result of the early expectation of things being a month ahead of schedule) but I shouldn't hold that against it.

At least we don't get as much drama as Zombicide over here..^^
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thorsten Schröder
Germany
Bonn
flag msg tools
badge
Loser at the 'Pursuit of Happiness Contest'
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah I'm a 'bit' dissapointed too...
I do understand the reasons behind the whole thing and can accept it.
But it will be very hard to see the unboxing videos and read the session reports and discussions and not be able to participate.
The pictures will be posted with the first painted minis.... ahhh the pain. I'm feeling it right now.

Positive thinking: During the last few weeks I was on the brink of buyin the pathfinder Card game and always kept thinking "No!!! Myth will be so much cooler. Also a game where I play my hero-actions as cards but I have MINIS!!! And the story is hopefully going to be... well less arbitrary."
It kept me from unwisley backing Heroquest 25 and buying Wrath of Ashardalon/Gears of War and making some other mistakes.

I can still keep thinking that. So looking forward to April. My Birthdays in (Mid)-April so keeping my fingers crossed. Hoping for a birthday Session with my friends (yes, I have some)...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
scott Murray
Australia
Ridgewood
West Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
my first thought regarding the update:

So yea, I'm down right peeved off at this news.

As mentioned, we have gone from "we are sooo early!!!" to "ummm... good luck getting it before non-backers get it via e-bay"
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alain Marti
Switzerland
Riedholz
Solothurn
flag msg tools
Super Trooper, I said!
badge
Waaagh
mbmbmbmbmb
Smoothsmith wrote:
At least we don't get as much drama as Zombicide over here..^^

Well, I still have not received my Zombicide Season 2

Another American Company that takes my money and then is holding back on delivering for months to come.

Maybe my Dollars are worth less than those of American customers...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Markus
Finland
Helsinki
Uusimaa
flag msg tools
You don't need any more.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I didn't back Myth, but it really bugs me when international backers are treated like second-class citizens in Kickstarter. And its not even that rare. That said, I totally understand the reason because international shipping is hella expensive. But isn't there some kind of a middle road that isn't simply pissing on international backers?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Raphael Pigulla
Germany
Feldkirchen
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Cuthailion wrote:

Not that this has anything to do with anything, but you don't happen to be the Cuthailion that played WoW on Antonidas back in the day?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryce K. Nielsen
United States
Elk Ridge
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Would you feel better if they just delayed everyone until April?

I personally don't care when I get it, so long as I get it. This was an investment after all, and like all investments it could have gone completely south and we get nothing...

-shnar
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thorsten Schröder
Germany
Bonn
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
n3rd wrote:
Cuthailion wrote:

Not that this has anything to do with anything, but you don't happen to be the Cuthailion that played WoW on Antonidas back in the day?

No I'm not. The Name is from 'The Silmarillion' (It's Cuthalion (my Name here is just a typo ;-) ))

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thorsten Schröder
Germany
Bonn
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
shnar wrote:
Would you feel better if they just delayed everyone until April?

I personally don't care when I get it, so long as I get it. This was an investment after all, and like all investments it could have gone completely south and we get nothing...

-shnar

Don't like to say 'It's easy for you to say that' but...
Of course no one would like to the american backers get delayed that long too (at least I hope no one does).
On rational level I'm OK with the delay... just not on an emotional level.
Well... we'll get over it and get a great game later next year...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryce K. Nielsen
United States
Elk Ridge
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Cuthailion wrote:
Don't like to say 'It's easy for you to say that' but...

I'm serious, I wouldn't mind waiting until April. Getting before Christmas would have been cool, but since not, for me at least, who cares when we get it so long as we get it. I think I might have been disappointed if the stores were getting it before me though. I mean, why prepurchase it if you can't get it when retail gets it?

-shnar
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
jef stuyck
Belgium
flag msg tools
tbh i don't care ... we get SO MUCH free stuff, they can delay it for a whole year if they want.

I mean seriously look at those pictures... droolll
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J Ry
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Honestly I'd rather them have held the US shipments too.
If nothing else to avoid hurt feelings.
Which are understandable.

Beyond that, it's only two months, Id rather tthey have waited for us as well just to save them the funds.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Raphael Pigulla
Germany
Feldkirchen
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Banemus wrote:
tbh i don't care ... we get SO MUCH free stuff, they can delay it for a whole year if they want.

I mean seriously look at those pictures... droolll

I'd much rather drool on the actual minis than on my keyboard, though.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Zheng Xuan
Singapore
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I was disappointed cause I thought we were on track to a jan delivery. There was no indication before this that this will be delayed so that came as a surprise. Was really pumped up for this and were reading up on the various previews and getting really excited. But I'm still glad they chose quality over speed unlike some other miniature kickstarter *ahem sedition wars wave 2 ahem*

Combined shipping only in April? Eh I can live with it. Getting just the base game probably wouldn't have been much fun. Could have started painting while waiting for the rest though. But more importantly, I would like to remind everyone that we paid 13usd for shipping. 13usd. For everything. Just a usual boardgame box cost 40-50usd to ship Singapore so splitting the shipment to two would incur a huge huge cost to them for international shipping.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wayne Shepherdson
Singapore
Singapore
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm fine with the small wait. I bet many of you have lots of other games to play while waiting an extra few months.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
jef stuyck
Belgium
flag msg tools
euhm just so you know, most games that are released are always out first in one continent and then about 2-3 months later it is released in the other continents. so why is this such a problem...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Smith
United Kingdom
Solihull
West Midlands
flag msg tools
http://www.youtube.com/user/SmoothCJS
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Zexius wrote:
I would like to remind everyone that we paid 13usd for shipping. 13usd. For everything.

You know that does actually make me feel a lot better about it, 160 mini's, 31 tiles and countless other bits and pieces sent over for a shipping cost of $13 ^^.

---

Whomever said about delaying US shipping to April - Well it depends if it's costing money or not. If it would cost the same to store the games in a warehouse or something until it's shipping time then I'd rather they just get it early and I'll just be jealous. If it's costing them more, I'd rather everyone was made to wait to April and that money could be reinvested in making more Myth content for expansions, but whatever, it is how it is ^^.

---

Banemus wrote:
euhm just so you know, most games that are released are always out first in one continent and then about 2-3 months later it is released in the other continents. so why is this such a problem...

Because people also pay 2-3 months later. It's generally desired that if we all have to put our money in at the same time, we get our return at the same time. (Also people aren't generally happy that games come out later overseas anyway, but that's besides the point).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tristan Hall
England
Manchester
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
LIFEFORM - LATE PLEDGE NOW!!!
badge
LIFEFORM - LATE PLEDGE NOW!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm English, so queueing and waiting for stuff is in my blood and heritage. And with Myth, Kingdom Death, and Shadows of Mineshafts, I'll probably be able to pass on some of this waiting to my children's children too.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Donny Behne
United States
Fate
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
www.punchboardmedia.com/geaux-gaming/
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Let's not overlook one very important thing - MERCS have offered a full, no-questions-asked refund to people who do not receive it by June 31. Personally, I've never heard of a company on Kickstarter offering that, especially within six months of delivery time. That is a huge promise by them (they are promising to get it to you in that time frame because we all know they don't want to give back money) and one that should make backers around the world feel confident that this thing isn't going to blow up in your face.

One option I'd like to see them offer, if possible, is a way for international backers to pay extra, if they want, to get the base game early instead of everything with wave 2. I think it would be a happy compromise for those that want to make use of it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
doug woolley

Vancouver
Washington
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I understand the issue that international folks have with this, but there are other projects out there where the Euro folks have got their reward and, the US is still waiting for shipment, so it's not always the case.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »  [7] | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.