Recommend
1 
 Thumb up
 Hide
19 Posts

Among the Stars: Wiss» Forums » General

Subject: Was designed as a BGG store item. [Answered, thanks!] rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Trevor Kindree
Canada
Waterdown
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
So, I've bought AtS, have the KS Promos from this. And I've Kickstarted AtS: The Ambasssadors, so getting those promos as well.

Nowhere can I find anything about "Wiss".
It's not the base game promos, the expansion promos... so, even though I helped actually bring the game to market, I'm still going to be missing a race/promo? Not that I'm not willing to help the Geek out, I would just assume as a backer I would have all the promos... ???
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cindy Nowak
United States
Kenosha
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Was this as a KS Stretch / Promo / Bonus? Confused!
FreezenFire wrote:
So, I've bought AtS, have the KS Promos from this. And I've Kickstarted AtS: The Ambasssadors, so getting those promos as well.

Nowhere can I find anything about "Wiss".
It's not the base game promos, the expansion promos... so, even though I helped actually bring the game to market, I'm still going to be missing a race/promo? Not that I'm not willing to help the Geek out, I would just assume as a backer I would have all the promos... ???


From the description on the Wiss page:

Quote:
Wiss is a new alien race for Among the Stars. It includes:

1x Wiss race tile
3x Wiss Main Reactors(3 cards - 6 colors)
4x Wiss Ambassador cards

Wiss will be available exclusively through the BGG store
.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trevor Kindree
Canada
Waterdown
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Was this as a KS Stretch / Promo / Bonus? Confused!
Exclusively to me means the same as to you - only available, now, previously, and in future, via the BGG store. But there have been many instances where an exclusive item wasn't.

Seeing as it hasn't been delivered yet (the expansion), I don't think it's a wise move to say "hey, you just made this game a reality, we're retailing it for half what you paid, you don't really have any exclusives, and oh, there's more you still don't have! Buy our future games, they'll be great!".

I understand and appreciate the exclusivity arguments for and against Kickstarter (been on both sides of that fence), but even then, this doesn't sit right. At least announce it after the first expansion is fully out there... Possibly as a promotion to a new KS (not discount, simply advertising the next game)? It's a great advertising possibility, but the timing is only going to be fueling bitterness.

Or not.

I'll still enjoy my games. Just think the timing is poor. And possibly that I'm cheap.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cindy Nowak
United States
Kenosha
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Was this as a KS Stretch / Promo / Bonus? Confused!
I do believe this was offered as an Essen promo as well - Surya had it posted on their Essen haul thread. So, actually, it is an Essen promo now being made available to the rest of us who couldn't make it there.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vangelis Bagiartakis
Greece
Athens
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Was this as a KS Stretch / Promo / Bonus? Confused!
scoutmom wrote:
I do believe this was offered as an Essen promo as well - Surya had it posted on their Essen haul thread. So, actually, it is an Essen promo now being made available to the rest of us who couldn't make it there.


Actually no. The Wiss race is indeed BGG store exclusive. Up to my knowledge obody has gotten it so far through other means.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Connor Cranston
Netherlands
Rotterdam
Zuid-Holland
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Was this as a KS Stretch / Promo / Bonus? Confused!
When will it be available, though?

Cuz I myself love Artipia Games and will buy everything they release (unless it will really seem atrocious ofcourse cool ).
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clayton Helme
United States
Salt Lake City
Utah
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Was this as a KS Stretch / Promo / Bonus? Confused!
Khonnor wrote:
When will it be available, though?

Cuz I myself love Artipia Games and will buy everything they release (unless it will really seem atrocious ofcourse cool ).
Just a quick bump on this article as the question doesn't seem to have been answered...
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Konstantinos Kokkinis
Greece
Athens
Attica
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
www.artipiagames.com
badge
A Thief's Fortune - 18 June 2018 on Kickstarter!
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Was this as a KS Stretch / Promo / Bonus? Confused!
Wiss should be available in a week or so.

Wiss, Hythian and any of our other Geek store promos are not limited/exclusive. They will always remain available for everyone who would like to acquire them.

5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Konstantinos Kokkinis
Greece
Athens
Attica
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
www.artipiagames.com
badge
A Thief's Fortune - 18 June 2018 on Kickstarter!
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Was this as a KS Stretch / Promo / Bonus? Confused!
FreezenFire wrote:

Seeing as it hasn't been delivered yet (the expansion), I don't think it's a wise move to say "hey, you just made this game a reality, we're retailing it for half what you paid, you don't really have any exclusives, and oh, there's more you still don't have! Buy our future games, they'll be great!".

Trevor,

When did you do that?

Backers purchased the expansion cheaper and got (for free) promos that now cost $13.5 to acquire (and that doesn't even include the larger scoreboard).

1x 29x21cm score board
76 additional cards
1 new race
8 plastic transparent cubes
and lots of cardboard tiles

How many companies offer that for free at a $26 pledge??
9 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clayton Helme
United States
Salt Lake City
Utah
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Was this as a KS Stretch / Promo / Bonus? Confused!
Sweet! Thanks, My leftover empty sleeves will soon be filled!!
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trevor Kindree
Canada
Waterdown
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Was this as a KS Stretch / Promo / Bonus? Confused!
3pod wrote:
FreezenFire wrote:

Seeing as it hasn't been delivered yet (the expansion), I don't think it's a wise move to say "hey, you just made this game a reality, we're retailing it for half what you paid, you don't really have any exclusives, and oh, there's more you still don't have! Buy our future games, they'll be great!".

Trevor,

When did you do that?

Backers purchased the expansion cheaper and got (for free) promos that now cost $13.5 to acquire (and that doesn't even include the larger scoreboard).

1x 29x21cm score board
76 additional cards
1 new race
8 plastic transparent cubes
and lots of cardboard tiles

How many companies offer that for free at a $26 pledge??


My point wasn't a matter of us not getting something of value for our money - I backed AtS: The Ambassadors because I wanted to further it. I could pick it up through my standard FLGS/OLGS soon enough, but that doesn't further the expansion. I backed it because I wanted to get more into the expansion, and that only works when we collectively support it and bring it to market. And we did.

For me, it's not about the money. If I'm getting value from my purchase, if I'm getting enjoyment, it's not an unreasonable cost, and I deem it worthwhile, I'll pay it. I kickstart some projects because I want them to do better, not to be first to get a copy.

My issue with this was the timing. Before the campaign was delivered, there was information available for additional races. I can understand this if these were to be given out as an Essen / Con promo. If they were an originally planned stretch goal that we never made it to, I can see that (this stuff isn't free to produce).

I think, in a way, I would have simply appreciated a slight waiting period after the campaign was fully delivered before announcement of additional items being made available.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Konstantinos Kokkinis
Greece
Athens
Attica
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
www.artipiagames.com
badge
A Thief's Fortune - 18 June 2018 on Kickstarter!
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Was this as a KS Stretch / Promo / Bonus? Confused!
FreezenFire wrote:
3pod wrote:
FreezenFire wrote:

Seeing as it hasn't been delivered yet (the expansion), I don't think it's a wise move to say "hey, you just made this game a reality, we're retailing it for half what you paid, you don't really have any exclusives, and oh, there's more you still don't have! Buy our future games, they'll be great!".

Trevor,

When did you do that?

Backers purchased the expansion cheaper and got (for free) promos that now cost $13.5 to acquire (and that doesn't even include the larger scoreboard).

1x 29x21cm score board
76 additional cards
1 new race
8 plastic transparent cubes
and lots of cardboard tiles

How many companies offer that for free at a $26 pledge??


My point wasn't a matter of us not getting something of value for our money - I backed AtS: The Ambassadors because I wanted to further it. I could pick it up through my standard FLGS/OLGS soon enough, but that doesn't further the expansion. I backed it because I wanted to get more into the expansion, and that only works when we collectively support it and bring it to market. And we did.

For me, it's not about the money. If I'm getting value from my purchase, if I'm getting enjoyment, it's not an unreasonable cost, and I deem it worthwhile, I'll pay it. I kickstart some projects because I want them to do better, not to be first to get a copy.

My issue with this was the timing. Before the campaign was delivered, there was information available for additional races. I can understand this if these were to be given out as an Essen / Con promo. If they were an originally planned stretch goal that we never made it to, I can see that (this stuff isn't free to produce).

I think, in a way, I would have simply appreciated a slight waiting period after the campaign was fully delivered before announcement of additional items being made available.


I see your point.

Wiss was not another stretch goal that was never reached. We generally design a promo that we offer though BGG for every game/expansion. Wiss is not yet in stock so it will in fact be available after everyone has received the expansion. I'm not sure though what difference does that make. It is something independent from the campaign and we would have made it even if we never did a KS for The Ambassadors.

5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trevor Kindree
Canada
Waterdown
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Was this as a KS Stretch / Promo / Bonus? Confused!
3pod wrote:
I see your point.

Wiss was not another stretch goal that was never reached. We generally design a promo that we offer though BGG for every game/expansion. Wiss is not yet in stock so it will in fact be available after everyone has received the expansion. I'm not sure though what difference does that make. It is something independent from the campaign and we would have made it even if we never did a KS for The Ambassadors.



Ahhhh, that makes a lot more sense now. The fact that it was to be released regardless of campaign result would make a large difference.

If I were a project creator, in a situation such as this, I would make an update on the promo details page indicating it was designed as a promotional item only, available via the BGG Store and the publisher's website (if applicable) ... Because sadly, this won't be the last time someone has this exact same conversation.

Thank you!
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Don Riddle
United States
Leesburg
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
any news on when we'll see this in the BGG store?
i'm dying to try the Wiss out!
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jay Lacson
United States
Alamogordo
New Mexico
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Has this come out already?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clayton Helme
United States
Salt Lake City
Utah
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Where is this promo???

I got the march update email for the bgg store and it's nowhere to be found. I want to buy it but alas, it's not available...

Please let us know what happened!
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Boat
United States
Ankeny
Iowa
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
BGG responded to this question in the recent geekstore update. The Wiss promos seem to be stuck in customs, but it is on the way. I believe they said it was shipped two months ago, so hopefully it shows up any day now.
5 
 Thumb up
1.00
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Casteel
United States
Wylie
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Are we still waiting on these? I see Hythian in the store, but not Wiss.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cindy Nowak
United States
Kenosha
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
DangerousFat wrote:
Are we still waiting on these? I see Hythian in the store, but not Wiss.


Shipment found, will be in the May Geek Store offerings.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.